Author Topic: has anyone heard of this  (Read 2478 times)

Offline juniorwilhelm

• Sly Guy in Training
has anyone heard of this
« on: October 29, 2007, 07:02:57 AM »
Well fellas I work with a little guy from vietnam who doesn't talk a whole lot but last night at work he asked me If I could never have to shave again would I said no at fist cause I enjoy shaving, but then I got interested in why he would ask me that so I asked him.
  then he told me that the monks where he is from never shave cause they use some kind of stuff that keeps there hair from growing.....
          has enyone in here heard of something like this besides the normal creams and junk that we have here that don't realy work worth a crud.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: has anyone heard of this
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 02:55:25 PM »
I've never heard of anything.  It would be interesting to find out what they use.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 03:09:24 PM »
Interesting

Ask him what the "ancient veitnamese"secret is?????

Offline jasonfieber

• Wish I was on a beach...
  • Sly Jr.
  • Bald For Life
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 08:47:20 PM »
Other than a disease of some kind, like Alopecia, the only "permanent" solution that I know of is electrolysis. Laser Hair Removal has been touted as "permanent" but the hair treated still has a small chance of growing back, if only very fine and white in color..fuzz like.

I've never heard of something like that bro.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?

BALDANDRE

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 08:50:20 PM »
I'm sure there was some herb or root in the forset the monks would use and it worked perfectly to rid their heads of hair..

but I'm sure because of deforestation, the "potion" is gone forever..

keep shaving bro!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 10:11:33 PM »
junior....never heard of it....but u got me curious.  next time u go 2 work....u gotta make it mandatory 2 have another conversation with your co-worker 2 get some detailed information.   when u do get some info....post up & keep us sly members updated.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 03:55:26 PM »
When the prince who was to become the Buddha left his palace to seek a way beyond ageing, sickness and death, it is said that one of the first things that he did was to shave off his hair and beard and put on the yellow cloth . Buddhist monks always completely shave their head and beard, showing their commitment to the Holy Life (Brahmacariya) of one gone forth into the homeless life. (In India some ascetics tear out their hair, while others never touch it so that it becomes a tangled mass.) A rule states that a bhikkhu should not allow his hair to grow beyond a certain length or time, so he will shave usually at least once a fortnight or month, sometimes more frequently. To do this he uses his razor, which is also one of his requisites. 'Hair-of-the-head' (kesa) is one of the five parts of the body mentioned in the ordination ceremony and is used to recollect the true nature of the body. The bhikkhu is also not allowed to dye or pluck out any grey hairs, for they are useful reminders of old-age and impermanence. (Just consider how much time and money is wasted by people trying to make their hair remain beautiful and young-looking.)- from somewhere.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2007, 08:28:31 AM »
They probably use left over "Agent Orange".