Author Topic: Can your head adapt to cheaper blades?  (Read 5280 times)

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
Re: Can your head adapt to cheaper blades?
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2007, 11:25:34 AM »
I agree with X and J, I will not skimp on a blade, especially on the head.
I've bought some generic store brands to try out, and I try them out on my face. If they are not acceptable for the face, they sure aren't going near my head.  (As J found out the hard way) :/O

The Walgreens double copy (Atra) works almost as well. This was the best in my opinion.
CVS' copies however, were horrible. (lousy shave).

Like the other bro's have said, "you get what you pay for". So far, I have found the Gillette Atra plus to be my blade of choice for my head shaving, along with the Sensor double as well.
I will be trying out the HB doubles when I am finished with the HB triples I am currently using.

What it comes down to is: "what works best for you, and your noggin?".
Like Stew said, "half the fun of shaving is discovering what works", and I totally agree.

Offline Stevo

• Agile, Mobile, Audiophile
  • Sly
    • Country Road of Life
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2007, 03:49:56 PM »
I guess the sensor excel is the double version of the HB that fits, does any triple blade (that you can buy at a drug store) fit on as well?? 

The Sensor 3 blade will fit or the Personaa Tri-Flexx blades.

Thank God for the HeadBlade Sensor adapter. It's pretty simple, all Sensor blades (or generic equivalents) will work with any Sensor razor, so you're good on that.  One problem I have noticed with using the Personaa blades is that the lubricating strip tends to tear and come off after about 4 uses, but that could be something I'm doing wrong.  I'm due for a new package of blades so I'll buy the real thing and see if it's better.

Offline WannaBePadre

• Look at all of this stuff!
  • Super Sly
  • The hairs of your head have been counted (Lk 12:7)
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2007, 09:56:43 PM »
Yep, I'm with Z. too!

The other day thought I'd "experiment," and ended up chewing up my head with a cheaper razor. It seems I can shave my face with anything, but the head HAS to have HeadBlade triples.
Nothing says 'God loves you' more than a bald man in mirrored sunglasses.

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2007, 10:58:35 PM »
I have only tried cheap blades on my face  and all I can say is OUCH, but like X said if it ain't good enough for the face it ain't touchin' the dome.

Enter your email address: