Author Topic: Back again, little update  (Read 1196 times)

Offline wvheadshaver

• Sly Guy in Training
Back again, little update
« on: April 10, 2015, 09:38:48 PM »
Hey everyone! Haven't been on in awhile so I thought i'd write a little update. Will post pics as soon as possible! I have let the goatee grow ever since I last posted, so it is now grown in nicely like I wanted it. Have been dying it jet black again, just because that is my preference, and have been keeping the mustache shaved, although I may change my look up a bit here soon. I have to get some pictures up asap, just wanted to throw out a little update.

As for head shaving, still doing that but lately it's been every 3-4 days just because of my schedule. Need to get back to the 2 day routine. I have been using the Gillette Fusion Proglides with the extra trimmer razor in the back. I love having that extra for trimming certain spots, especially around the goatee, like someone here suggested awhile back. Now obviously you could buy a cheap razor for that, with 1 blade, but I like the luxury of just flipping the Gillette over when I need to lol. Little expensive, but I get quite a bit of use out of the blades so I am ok with spending the money.

I bought my first DE safety razor the other night, from Walmart.. The Micro Touch One, you know, the one advertised on Pawn Stars. 20 bucks, I just figured I would give it a try. I could get refills on the blades for 8 bucks, which is a great deal, but I've already tossed that thing out LOL. Not my style at all. Nothing against the DE's but they are just not for me at this point. I enjoy shaving, the feeling of being bald, but I don't enjoy it enough to use one of those. I'm just used to my Gillette's, and they work better for me and the time frame that I have for shaving. Now I understand that probably is not the best safety razor to choose from,but I just wanted to give it a go and see what I thought. Just not for me, maybe at another point in my life but not now.

As for shaving cream, oils, etc.. I saw on here awhile back where someone suggested the Aveeno Positively Smooth shaving cream & Shave Secret. I have been using both of those ever since I last posted, and can find both easily at my local Walmart. They really work well for me and I am happy with sticking to that setup for now. I did try some "Cremo" Cream I believe it's called... That didn't work out very well lol. I am really happy with the Aveeno Cream, Shave Secret oil, Gillette Fusion Proglide setup for now.

Whoever suggested all of that to me, thanks!! It has been a real lifesaver! I hate that the safety razor experience didn't work out for me but maybe later on down the road. For now though I just do not have the patience nor the time to try and get used to one of those, lol. Hey, I didn't have any big nicks from it though for my 1st shave, so that was a plus!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Back again, little update
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 08:29:39 PM »
Thanks for the update! I'm sorry the DE didn't work out for you at the moment, but in the end, it's good to see you find products and a technique that works. Thanks for sharing
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline K5mow

• Super Sly
Re: Back again, little update
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 08:30:47 AM »
Are use DE 1963 Gillette slim on my face but i use a Gillette fusion on my head. I can't seem to get the hang of a DE on my head.

Roger
Have a great Day.

Roger