Author Topic: How Long Does it Take You to Shave With a DE Razor?  (Read 1909 times)

Offline DOC_OSMC

• Bald and Bearded
  • Super Sly
  • Pleasure's a sin, and sometimes sin's a pleasure.
How Long Does it Take You to Shave With a DE Razor?
« on: November 29, 2014, 11:44:45 AM »
Alright gents, I know the subject of DE razors have been talked about in various posts. 

After a year of shaving my head, I'm still curious about them, but from what I've read you really need to set time aside to use them since it is not a quick shave.  I shave in the shower in the mornings and it takes me less than 10 minutes to shave my head with a Fusion ProGlide.  Time is always my enemy and I tend to always be rushing in the morning, and even then it take me close to an hour to get ready.

That being said, when using a DE razor, how much allotted time do you make to shave your head?

My granddaddy once told me, "If you can't hack it, gecho' jacket!"

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: How Long Does it Take You to Shave With a DE Razor?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 12:17:15 PM »
I only use my de at the weekend, as like you, it takes me 10 mins with a cartridge, de takes me around 25, 3 passes, wtg, xtg the atg.... With a nice lather up for each pass

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 01:45:03 PM »
If you are patient and interested... DE or SE shaving will reward you with the BEST shaves compared to any over-priced cartridge.  It took me about a week to get comfortable with my face shaves and about a month to get comfortable with my head shaves.

On the mornings that I work, I shave at night and on my off days I shave in the afternoon.  When you decide to shave with a safety razor... be sure to make that time and do not rush.  It usually takes me about 20-25 minutes to shave both face and dome. 

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline DOC_OSMC

• Bald and Bearded
  • Super Sly
  • Pleasure's a sin, and sometimes sin's a pleasure.
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 02:01:41 PM »
Warhawk, you sir to me, are the leading proponent and expert in all things DE.  So I pay close attention to any advice you give about shaving with a DE! O0
My granddaddy once told me, "If you can't hack it, gecho' jacket!"

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 05:20:51 PM »
I've been DE shaving since February. It now takes me about 20-25 minutes to shave my head. I only shave 2-3 times a week and that usually happens at night when I have the time. Mornings are too busy and rushed for me to wet shave. I have to admit, I often think about whipping out my Mach 3. It is so efficient. But I don't because I enjoy my DE shaving too much!
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2014, 06:19:29 PM »
Warhawk, you sir to me, are the leading proponent and expert in all things DE.  So I pay close attention to any advice you give about shaving with a DE! O0
Thank you, sir.  If you have any more questions...kindly post up here on SBGs or PM me.  We are here to help you.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Dann

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 12:35:35 AM »
It take me about 20 minutes, 25-30 if I take my time and have music or talk radio playing.
I normally shave in the evening, when I have the time to properly dedicate to it, and it also acts as a wind-down for the evening for me too.
Echoing Warhawk's sentiments, you'll certainly notice the difference in closeness with a safety razor, and after a short time acquainting yourself with its technique, will be just as smooth a shave as a cartridge.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 01:24:22 AM by Dann »