Author Topic: Question for all those who have used headblade products...  (Read 3876 times)

X The Hierophant

Question for all those who have used headblade products...
« on: June 15, 2007, 07:32:13 AM »
I am currently buzzed at a #2, but am planning to go sly in about a month.  Since I saw the 20% off deal with headblade on another post, I went to the site and browsed the products.  I plan to go ahead and take advantage of the 20% off deal since it ends this month, but I have a few questions for those of you familiar with headblade products.

What's the difference between the classic headblade razor, and the headblade sport?

Also ... double or triple blades?  Is there a big difference there?

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Question for all those who have used headblade products...
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 07:38:04 AM »
Can't be much help from a review standpoint (never used triples or the Sport model). The Classic has a little plastic nub on the back to help guide you to use the optimum shave angle whereas the Sport uses wheels for the same purpose. The reason I've never used the Sport is that I'm extremely happy with the Classic (and double blades....generic Atra's).

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 07:38:26 AM »
It all comes down to your personal preference. I have two classics and a sport myself. I prefer the sport because it glides across the noggin. Those two little wheels make a huge difference. I use the generic Atra blades from Walgreens or Wal-Mart. I tried the HB triple blades and didn't like them all that much. You may have to try a couple of different things before you find what works best for you though. But you may also find your perfect combination the first time.

Best of luck  O0
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 07:41:23 AM »
It all comes down to your personal preference. I have two classics and a sport myself. I prefer the sport because it glides across the noggin. Those two little wheels make a huge difference. I use the generic Atra blades from Walgreens or Wal-Mart. I tried the HB triple blades and didn't like them all that much. You may have to try a couple of different things before you find what works best for you though. But you may also find your perfect combination the first time.

Best of luck  O0

Ditto on the personal preference.  I only use the sport because that was all that was available to me at the time.  However, I personally found the triples to work best for me as I tended to get more nicks from the doubles.  Some guys feel the trips are harder to get clean.   As Pig said you will have to experiment to find out what combination works best for your particular dome.  Good Luck
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 07:44:03 AM by Paul »
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Jay

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 10:38:00 AM »
It all comes down to your personal preference. I have two classics and a sport myself.

curious as to why you have 3 headblades.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 12:05:20 PM »
Very good question, I was wondering too! lol Bought my first Classic a couple of years ago after first going SLY. If memory serves me correctly, I ended up with my second Classic sort of on accident. Think it was for a HB promo on MySpace. Buy something at Wal-Mart and they would send you a HeadBlade baseball cap. Always a sucker for a freebie, I jumped at it. Didn't really need it, but I wanted the hat. So I bought another Classic and some Head Lube. I bought my sport just after they came out. The only thing I need to complete my collection is an S4, which is currently out of production I understand.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 12:05:38 PM »
I love Head Blade.  Have recommended it to my dad and he loves it.  Not downing any other products - just think HB does the job for me.  Good luck.
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

jusbnme

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 08:31:41 PM »
The classic has a little plastic nub on the back which you use to put a little pressure on to push it along.  The sport has 2 wheels which most guys on here seem to prefer because they say it helps make for a smoother shave.  Meaning the wheels help the HB glide along a little better with less drag.  When I use to use the HB I preferred the classic because I could never get use to the wheels on the sport.  I would constantly push down too hard and pop wheelies.  ;D  I tried the trip blades out and didn't care for them.  They seemed to drag a little.  I always used the generic atras.  I've since stopped using the HB all together because I just couldn't get the hang of it enough to get a good shave every time.  Some advice I can give though is that you could use a little baby oil under the headslick, or whatever you'll be using as a shave gel, cream, etc... because it will help protect against nicks and irritation while you are in your trial an error phase with the HB.  Good luck.

Offline SlickCountry

• Sly
    • FirehouseChaplain.org
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 09:07:35 PM »
It all comes down to your personal preference. I have two classics and a sport myself.

curious as to why you have 3 headblades.

I have 2 myself.  I started with the sport and bought a classic to see if if it was easier to get the back of my head with it.  It is a little easier in the back, but the sport is better everywhere else.  I also use the cheap alta blades from CVS.  The big thing for me is the HeadSlick.  I can use my fusion when I want something different, but I have to stick with the HeadSlick.

Offline mikesj

• Sly
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 10:22:18 PM »
Have only been shaving 2 months, so can only speak from limited experience. Have been using the HeadBlade Sport with triple blades.  Is a very easy shave, and have never nicked myself with this combination.   While you are taking advantage of the 20% off, I recommend Clear Head for use after shaving, Head Shed exfoliater, and Head Shade sunscreen. Good luck

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2007, 10:19:58 AM »
I use all the HB products.  The sport with the triple blade works best for me.  I especially like the Head Clean which I apply after shaving.  I love the way it feels on the freshly shaven dome.
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2007, 10:50:25 AM »
I use a HeadBlade and HeadBlade products exclusively and I think they’re great!

I like the HeadBlade Sport better than the standard for a few reasons…
1: It has triple blades and gives me a better shave.
2: You can apply a small amount of downward pressure over those tuff spots as with the standard design I had to be careful not to use any downward pressure.
3: I get more shaves per cartridge.

I use HeadShed, HeadSlick, HeadLube and Clear Head and highly recommend them all!   O0

Keep in mind though, I’m VERY partial!  :*))

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

X The Hierophant

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2007, 11:45:30 AM »
Thanks for the advice guys.  I just ordered a the bronze starter set (HB Sport, HeadShed, and HeadSlick), Headshade, and a small bottle of the HeadLube.

I'll let you guys know how it goes.