Author Topic: Head shaving problems  (Read 4342 times)

Offline Wilo

• Learning the way of Sly
Head shaving problems
« on: February 22, 2012, 12:08:11 PM »
Hi guys first of all wanted to say hi and thanks for such a great forum.
I have been shaving my head ( about once a week or so) for a few years now with a gillette fusion and king of shaves oil and never had a flare up or issues before.
I have recently started using a head blade ( with triple blades) Taylor's of old bond street sensitive cream with a badger brush, I love shaving this way feels so much nicer but I am getting really bad flare ups on the back of my head and neck ( even turning into proper spots) :-( I looked around on here and took advice and got myself some witch hazel and some aloe vera gel and have been using it and it has stopped the flare ups turning into spots but it still looks bad.
Questions is what do you think is causing it? I could just go back to my Gillette fusion and shaving oil but I really like the head blade and shaving cream?
Any advice?

Offline BaldHDbiker

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Head shaving problems
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 06:11:52 PM »
Welcome aboard and enjoy. I'm not sure what would cause your flareups but i would continue to use the witch hazel and aloe vera. Hopefully it will go away over time.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 07:04:57 PM »
I would go back to what worked for you.  I'm not a Headblade fan.  Whenever I used it, I always had a lot more irritation on the back of the neck and head, which I did not get with any other kind of razor.

Offline ProphetNoir

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 07:15:11 PM »
I'm inclined to agree with Razor X on this one.  If it wasn't broke, why'd you try to fix it?  Bored with success, maybe? 
Just messin' with ya, but I know how frustrating that irritation must be. 
Go back to what worked for you and keep using that Witch Hazel and Aloe anyway.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 07:18:46 PM »
Agree with Razor X & ProphetNoir--!  Perhaps Lucille Ball said it best when asked why she never changed the basic format of her sit coms on television, "Don't F___ with success!"  She was tough and she was right!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 08:29:48 PM »
First of all, welcome. Secondly, while we have many ways to shave, what may work for one may not work for the next person. So, no matter how weird it may seem to others, you have to do what works best for you-though there is nothing wrong with experimenting to see if other methods work...Good luck!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 10:27:38 AM »
I agree with the guy's above. We all have different issues, whether it be skin type or sensitivity. Once you find something that works well for you, you should stick with it.
I found out myself this week since I've been using a Schick Hydro 5. It's definitely not one of my favorites and I plan on discontinuing it's use. I've found it takes far too many passes to get that smooth feeling, it's very spotty.
I picked it up on sale at Target to give it a try. Needless to say, I'm glad I caught the sale price. I plan to finish using the second cartridge and then it's gone. There's no comparison to the M5, or it's CVS/Walgreen's copies.

Offline Harleyman

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 01:37:00 PM »
I agree with the other guys go back to the old way you could be allergic to one of the ingredients of the new products you are using,witch hazel works great.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Get codes for Facebook, Hi5, MySpace and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/140224/sampf09f1299b683a4f3.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Wilo

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 01:41:00 PM »
Hi guys

Thanks for the responses much appricated, totally agree with you about it not being broke just liked the feel of the old badger brush and shaving cream and really was impressed with the head blade :-( will keep using the witch hazel and aloe Vera and try with the fusion and king of shaves oil and hope for the best.

Cheers

Enter your email address: