Author Topic: Best budget first electric shaver?  (Read 5539 times)

Offline eezy1

• Learning the way of Sly
Best budget first electric shaver?
« on: May 26, 2011, 02:22:24 AM »
First off Hi everyone im shaun

I imagine this may have been asked before so sorry if thats the case.

Im in the UK and would like some advice on getting my first electric shaver. I have some male pattern balding developing and so ive been using a phillips clippers(guardless) to shave my head for a lil while now. I dont wanna go completely sly yet. What im after is a good budget electric shaver i can use daily that cuts pretty close(stubble).

I know the expensive ones cut really close but i dont think i need razor close just yet. Any reccomendations? needs to be readily available in the UK aswell if poss.

Thanks chaps

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
Re: Best budget first electric shaver?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 01:43:12 PM »
Hi Shaun,

Welcome to Sly Bald Guys.

You could try the conair clean head shaver. It does a pretty good jobn and is fairly reasonable in proce. I am not sure if You can get it over there though but you should be able to order one on line. I got one from CVS Pharmacy on line. I don't know if they have any stores in the UK or not.

I hope that this helps.

:)

Offline eezy1

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 02:30:34 AM »
Thanks mate.

I think id like to try the conair but finding it hard sourcing one in the uk. any tips on where i can get it at the best price with international shipping?

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 07:12:05 AM »
Try ebay or amazon. You can also get one, I'm told, off the Wal*Mart website. Or go straight to the ConAir website.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline eezy1

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 08:01:38 AM »
walmart ship internationally? ive seen it on ebay U.S for $65 shipped to the UK. Looks to be discontinued on amazon uk but selling for $20 on amazon U.S =[ no international shipping though.

These shavers have just gone on sale on the amazon UK website. Could you tell me if any are suitable for headshaving? If not i may just buy the conair from ebay

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=pe_103811_25088041_as_txt_4/?ie=UTF8&docId=1000507673

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 08:53:19 AM »
Although I'm primarily a blade man I do have a Panasonic wet-dry and I think it gives results almost as good as a blade. The wet-dry feature is nice, too, can be used in the shower. I also have an older Braun Series 3 but it's not in the same league as the Panasonic, IMO. Be advised that the Panasonic is not going to leave a whole lot of stubble in it's wake, it will shave close.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline eezy1

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 09:17:03 AM »
yes ive read up on the pan linear and i dont think i need to go that close. stubble is fine aslong as its cutting closer than a guardless clippers.

Since i wasnt looking for razor close i thought i could save some money by getting a lower end model instead of a pan linear or braun 7 series.

Offline BaldHDbiker

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2011, 10:31:42 AM »
I've had very good results with the Conair. It comes with 3 combs (#3,#2,#1) and the foil shaver so you have many options to use.

The shaver will keep you completly sly and is very easy to use. It can't be used in the shower though so if you need a wet model you'd be better with the Panasonic.