Author Topic: REALLY wish someone would make a video ...  (Read 2777 times)

Offline Daven

• Super Sly
REALLY wish someone would make a video ...
« on: July 23, 2011, 08:53:53 PM »
about head shaving and eliminating zits / pimples.

Since I am on day 35 of being sly, I am having more and more zits/pimples and it is keeping me from shaving daily.

I learn more by viewing rather than reading. Today my wife picked up some anti-bacterial soap, and fresh Shick Hydro 5 blades, and a loofa. Haven't been able to shave since Wednesday. Church tomorrow and I REALLY want to shave for it.  With the 4 or 5 rather largish zits that's not happening.

SO, if anyone here has a YouTube account and would make a video on prepping for shaving including zit reducing help, that would be AWESOME! 

Thanks.

By the way, does Head Lube or sun tanning lotion clog pores?

AKA Gimpy

Offline markyboy

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: REALLY wish someone would make a video ...
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 05:47:37 AM »
Hi there, I'm new here but I've been sly for a few years now. 

I can't answer all of your questions, but the main thing that seems to work for me is to avoid all chemical and unatural products.  I use an essential oil tea tree wash, followed by a shaving brush lather of a good quality cream.  I use Geo F Trumper or Penhaligons.

The tea tree oil is a natural antispeptic.  Try using an astringent after your shave to close the pores and prevent infection, such as tend skin or clinique scruffing lotion.  Then use a really light unperfumed moisturiser, not too much though just enough to rehydrate the skin. 

Shower or wash the scalp twice a day, each time with a tea tree oil wash.

Hope this is some help, Good luck mate.

Offline markyboy

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 05:49:38 AM »
Oh and use a clean pillowcase on your bedding.  I change mine every 2 or 3 days.  A shiny dome secretes oils whilst we snooze!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 07:37:41 AM »
Don't forget the 10% Benzoyl Peroxide lotion--not creme--it is the strongest topical available without prescription. And use an astringent after shaving!!!

Offline FoulBalls

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 12:14:29 AM »
There's some great posts under 'jdome's' topic "Head pimples!" which you might find helpful (can be found in the head shaving category.)  I'll see what I can do about uploading a quick little video of my preferred products.

Offline ORTO

• Sly Guy in Training
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 12:27:03 PM »
Hey man, there actually are quite a few good tutorials on YouTube. Problem is, you have to sift through a bunch of goofy videos to find them. Here are a few that I'd previously favorited. Maybe they'll help you.

1.)
2.)
3.)
4.)

These are ones I've referenced for tips and tricks, so hopefully you can benefit from them a little too.

Ciao,
Sonny

Enter your email address: