Author Topic: Anyone else using the HeadBlade Classic?  (Read 1943 times)

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
Anyone else using the HeadBlade Classic?
« on: April 21, 2010, 11:09:25 PM »
I've been using the HB classic this week on and off, and I'm getting mixed results. I just didn't get as close as I would have liked to. Wondering if any other sly brethren have had a similar problem.

I am using it with the Personna double (Atra copy), and whereas I normally get great shaves with the Sport, I'm just not experiencing it with the Classic. I must admit I've felt a bit uncomfortable with it, but I think that's just from being used to the feel of the wheels and how the Sport operates. The Classic has a bit different feel due to the nub.

I'm going to stick with it all week. I do think it's just time that's needed to become more acclimated to the feel.  

Any fellow HB users have the same issues?, any thoughts on blade set-up? Let me know what you think guys.

Offline marcx

• Sly
Re: Anyone else using the HeadBlade Classic?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 06:53:39 AM »
Just curious--if you like the results from the sport better why use the classic?

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 07:08:15 AM »
Just curious--if you like the results from the sport better why use the classic?

I was wondering the same thing as I read your post. I have a Ghost Sport with Gillette Sensor Excel Double setup. I like the Gillette doubles because they are less prone to clogs than triples and they seem to be very forgiving (less prone to cutting my head). That's my two cents (or blades)  on it.  :*)) :*))
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 07:21:38 AM »

I was wondering the same thing as I read your post. I have a Ghost Sport with Gillette Sensor Excel Double setup. I like the Gillette doubles because they are less prone to clogs than triples and they seem to be very forgiving (less prone to cutting my head). That's my two cents (or blades)  on it.  :*)) :*))

I too use the Sensor Excel double blades on my HB Sport.  The stock triple blades get clogged way too easily and are hard to unclog.
"There he goes.  One of God's own prototypes.  A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.  Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 07:28:53 AM »
I have a Classic, a Classic Ghost, and a Sport. I have retired the Sport model because I took about two feet of skin off the right side of my noggin the last time I used it. The problem was me, though, not the razor. When I feel rushed I tend to try to move the razor faster and the Sport accomodated me on that day and that was the problem. I find that with the Classic/Ghost I am not able to generate that kind of speed.
When Walgreen's had the sale on HB I went and bought my local out of triples with the little face shaver handle (sux, I hate it, but it came with the carts). I've been using the triples for some time now and really like them. Before those I also used the Sensor twins and I like them a lot, too. When/if I run out of the HB3s I will definitely go back to the Sensors.
Have also tried a Personna cart a long time ago. Didn't get a very good shave with them, either. I think they were the Tri-Flex which is a triple.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 03:08:33 PM »

Marc, I usually rotate all my razor's, have been since I started. I like to be proficient with all types.
I have used the Classic before, this is not the first time, but I normally have the Atra plus cartridge in.

Buddha, I may have to give the HB triples and the Sensor's a shot.     O0

I actually think I was being a bit too cautious, and may not have put sufficient pressure on the nub end.

We'll give it another go today.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 05:59:01 PM by xnewyawka »

parksie

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 03:30:36 PM »
I like using the ghost more than the sport with the headblade triple blades or the cvs m3 blades. I do use the sport on occasion and I do like it. I just reach for the ghost more often.