Author Topic: Learning to Shavehead  (Read 1658 times)

Offline K5mow

• Super Sly
Learning to Shavehead
« on: May 06, 2014, 05:27:59 AM »
Hi all

Just wanted to know if any of you out there uses a electric razor to get the majority of the hairs cut down. I have just a cheap Norelco 3 head shaver that seems to get the majority of it. Then after that I use a Gillette fusion to get it down to BB smooth. I tried this idea so the Gillette fusion cartridges last longer. I am thinking of getting a new electric razor that will do a better job for when I'm in a hurry in the morning.

Thanks Roger

Have a great Day.

Roger

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
Re: Learning to Shavehead
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 06:24:46 AM »
When I first started shaving my head, I used a Panasonic electric shaver, then a blade. The Panansonics are very good - you can use them wet or dry and they give a close shave, though not as close as a blade).

Offline AgentBald

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 09:38:32 AM »
I've heard the Wahl Balding shaver is pretty good.
"What we do in life, echoes in eternity"

Offline greatnessinc

• One part iron man one part superman
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 10:29:38 AM »
I have a Remington that does a pretty good job. I prefer a blade to electric, as the shave lasts longer.
"Ifyou're going through hell, just keep going"
-Winston Churchill

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 11:30:32 AM »
I use a Braun 340 and then have to touch up with a Fusion.

As time has gone by though i much prefer a wet shave. Thing is, the Fusion with its multiple blades is still not a brilliant shaver for the money. This is why, after giving the Braun and Fusion months of use i am going to now try shaving DE style! I know that it is something that will take time to master and even then, after months i may not be happy and go back to either the Braun or wet shave with a triple blade like the sensor blade. I dont think i will be buying the fusion blades again after my current batch run out. Too costly and too many blades in one cartridge!

Offline K5mow

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 02:29:23 PM »
Has anyone tried the Phillips Norelco 1150 X for shaving your head when you don't have time to use a blade. Here is a link.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003V360NY/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1FG3MQN1DYH5H&coliid=IE3ZKSFDWKEE&psc=1

Roger
Have a great Day.

Roger

Enter your email address: