Author Topic: I graduated  (Read 3475 times)

stemikger

Re: I graduated
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2010, 08:39:43 AM »
O.K. guys.  I did it. I used the Conair Cleanhead and there was a little learning curve, but it got me just as close as a blade.  I didn't think it would, so now there is no turning back now.  I'm going to try to put up some pics now.  My apologizes if they come in too big or small.  I'm not well versed with downloading photos.

I'll also give a little review on the next post.  I'm still on the fence about it becuase it's new to me and like anything else in life, I have to get used to it, but the bottomline is it got very close.  I shaved with a blade a few times and my head felt the same way it does now.  Oh and my wife hates it so, I know it got close.  LOL.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2010, 08:41:29 AM »
Looks pretty good.  I know about the wife not liking it, but for me--it's just not her head, it's mine!

stemikger

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2010, 08:51:26 AM »
Yes Saintc.  I believe we spoke about the wife challenge.  That is why the pics came out so bad.  I had to take them myself.  She wanted nothing to do with taking pics of my bald head.  LOL.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2010, 08:58:39 AM »
Well, at least for me, she's got to learn to tolerate it.  Love her :@`, but love my dome too O:O.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2010, 10:34:43 AM »
Looks fantastic!

My partner doesn't like me sly -- he prefers the buzzed look. But since I wear it buzzed for (what passes for) the winter, he doesn't moan too much about it during the warmer months.

Tell us more about the clippers!

stemikger

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2010, 12:57:24 PM »
Posted by Bootedbear
Tell us more about the clippers!

I was pretty shocked how close they got.  I only used a razor to my head twice and truthfully this did the same exact thing.

However, because I had a very short crew it took a little longer because I used the trimmer attachment first.  If you want to keep the clean look and use it every day, I don't see it taking more then 5 minutes at the most.

I think I'll keep it clean for that reason and probably do it every other day.

Also, on those other occassions when I used a razor blade I cut my head up pretty bad.  This think left me with no iratation at all.  To me that was the best part.

After thinking about the process, I would highly recommend it because from here on in, I know it will only get easier.

I hope it is durable and lasts long.  It says on the instructions with regular use you should replace the cutter and foil every 6 months.  The cutter and foil assembly comes as one unit and is $10.  It also has a 5 year limited warranty.

Here is a picture of the back of my head so you can get more of a reference on how clean it got my head.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 01:07:29 PM by stemikger »

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2010, 01:17:24 PM »
Yeah, looks really good!
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2010, 03:35:11 PM »
Looks great.   O0

Offline thebbqguy

• Sly
    • Get Your Prep On
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2010, 04:01:32 PM »
Congratulations. Looks good.
TheBBQGuy

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2010, 04:26:07 PM »
Looks good, Mike
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt