Author Topic: Nivea Active 3  (Read 1748 times)

Offline DaveDorm

• Trekkie
  • Sly Jr.
    • DaveDorm
Nivea Active 3
« on: August 15, 2009, 02:09:58 PM »
Hi Sly Guys!

Has anyone else tried Nivea's new "Active 3" product? My girlfriend picked it up at the store and it has my attention. A three in one shower gel, shave cream and shampoo. Well, if you're shaving your dome, I suppose that it's really only a two in one, isn't it?

Overall it is really a decent shave. I shave mostly with a Braun 790 Pulsonic (behold, Excalibur!) but I sometimes do it "old school" with a HeadBlade. The product does well with both the electric and the blade. Rinses cleanly, does not gum up the works at all. The smell is nice, too. I miss the mentholated feel of HeadSlick sometimes. But so far I like this stuff and bought a bottle of it after my free sample ran out. Sadly, the free sample stuff is really only enough for one use. The price is reasonable, and i have seen it readily available in most drug and grocery outlets, unlike HeadBlade products which are more difficult to locate around here.

I do like the logo on the bottle. It's the usual "globe" that we see on all Nivea products for men. But the razor is shaving the globe. This product was not initially designed to shave the head, but you could never guess that from the artwork!

Offline Antimidas

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Actual name is Marty.
    • Antimidas.net
Re: Nivea Active 3
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 05:11:32 PM »
Haven't seen that one yet.  I will have to keep my eyes peeled.  My understanding is most shower gels can double as shampoo because they lack a lot of the harsher ingredients of bar soap.  I have found that the Axe shower products that exfoliate are really good at keeping everything smooth, although I do not recommend them for shaving.  They do not dry out my skin like soap does.  And if I skip a time or two using any type of moisturizer on my scalp, I don't have the flaking problem that some people report.