Author Topic: One step closer  (Read 14231 times)

Offline K J

• Sly Jr.
Re: One step closer
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2006, 04:41:07 PM »

Hi Texbeard  KJ here,

I am still left with my oresnal question how do you explian a high and tight haircut to a non military barber with no pictures, because my barber Denis did not give my a peroper flattot haircut in September of last year insteed he gave me a steel brush flattot.  I thought I would have brouwn hair when I asked for a flattot but I didn't see any when the haircut was finished.  Oh can you help me attach a picture to my posts.

Thanks 

Kelsey

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2006, 06:17:44 PM »
I guess to explain high and tight to a barber would tell him to shave the sides and fade into a short flat top.  Though, the easiest thing would be to go to a barber that knows how to do a high and tight haircut once, take a picture, and go back to your original barber if you want to stay with him.  Though, I recommend just shaving your head - it's much easier.

You posted a pic just fine.  If you have the pics stored somewhere such as Photobucket.com, then you can use the link to that image and use the IMG tags that you tried to use in your last post.  Otherwise you can upload it like you did.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2006, 06:58:55 PM »
Just keep running your hand over that smooth sides and back and imagine what it would be like if your whole scalp were that smooth.  Just keep thinking about that and I can guarantee that the urge to shave will be irresistable.

You wouldn't have gone this far if you didn't really want to do it.  You owe it to yourself to give it a try.....

What length is your hair on top right now?  You might want to try gradually taking it shorter.  When you get down to a #1 (1/8") and feel comfortable at that length, you're almost there.  You can grow back to #1 in a week. Knowing that makes the shave a lot less scary.

Good luck!!

Good advice and call to arms!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline K J

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2006, 11:02:31 PM »

Hi Tyler KJ here,

Well now that you seane my picture do you think I should shave my head? How dose Photobucket.com work.

I have a question how do you explian a high and tight haircut to a non military barber with no pictures?   There are no military bases where I live.

Kelsey

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2006, 11:24:54 PM »
Yeah, after seeing your pic, you could pull off a shaved head.

Here's what I wrote above about describing a high and tight haircut.

I guess to explain high and tight to a barber would tell him to shave the sides and fade into a short flat top.  Though, the easiest thing would be to go to a barber that knows how to do a high and tight haircut once, take a picture, and go back to your original barber if you want to stay with him.  Though, I recommend just shaving your head - it's much easier.

I don't know if you'll get too many responses on a high and tight since most of the guys here shave their heads.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline K J

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2006, 10:17:17 PM »
Hi Tyler KJ here,

Well this is a stuitd question but, when you shave your head where do you start.  How dose Photobucket.com work.

This may explain a high and tight haircut

Â¥ High Regulation (or High Reg, and High and Tight)
The standard version of the High and Tight style. The sides and back are buzzed or shaved to the skin on the back, and all the way up the sides, with lather and a razor. The top is three inches or less, and can be worn close to the head (see texbeards photo), parted, or brushed. This is typically an enlisted man's cut.

Kelsey

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2006, 12:17:34 AM »
Hey Kelsey,

That's a great description of a high and tight haircut.

Photobucket.com is a service that allows you to upload your photos to.  Once they are uploaded, they give you a link to that photo that you can use on sites like Sly Bald Guys.

Also, if you would like to add your photo so that it automatically shows every post, you can do so through the profile button.

Tyler

Offline texbeard

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2006, 04:26:39 PM »
I thought it would be a good idea to keep the sides and back of my new high and tight smooth, so I attempted to re-shave them.  I used the only razor I had -- a cheap disposable.  Big mistake!  I sliced myself really good behind the right ear, plus got pretty bad razor burn in a couple of spots.  Don't think I'll be tryin' that again anytime soon.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2006, 05:52:22 PM »
Yes, those have been known to leave a mark.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline K J

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2006, 10:57:09 PM »

Hi KJ here

Well I just posted an picture of a Flattot haircut and I plan to shave my head as soon as the snow melts.

Kelsey
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 11:12:44 PM by Tyler »

Offline happyharry

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • bald, bold and beautiful
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2006, 02:30:32 PM »
Hey KJ,

let us know once you have shaved your head, and remember to post
pictures of your new bald look.

HappyHarry
Who loves ya, baby?

Offline K J

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2006, 09:00:51 PM »
Hi Tyler KJ here,

Where is your picture I can't see it.

Kelsey

Offline happyharry

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • bald, bold and beautiful
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2006, 09:03:53 PM »
KJ,

he's using a new picture, and this one's pretty dark, so it can sometimes be difficult to
see Tyler in that picture. Turn up the brightness on your computer screen (monitor) and then
you should be able to see it...

Harry
Who loves ya, baby?