Author Topic: Well, It's Official  (Read 7363 times)

Offline SlickCountry

• Sly
    • FirehouseChaplain.org
Well, It's Official
« on: August 13, 2008, 12:28:04 AM »
I recently had to go get my drivers license renewed and joking asked if they could change my hair color to none.  The DMV lady said without missing a beat, no, but I can change it to bald.  I can't go back now, I'll mess the DMV all up.  lol

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Well, It's Official
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 12:34:07 AM »
I recently had to go get my drivers license renewed and joking asked if they could change my hair color to none.  The DMV lady said without missing a beat, no, but I can change it to bald.  I can't go back now, I'll mess the DMV all up.  lol

Yep, you're stuck with it, all right.  :D Once it's on your driver's license, there's no changing it -- just like mine still has the same height that I was when I first got my license at 17.  I grew a little more after that, but getting that info updated on the driver's license proved to be virtually impossible. 

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 05:15:17 AM »
Very cool............ I think I'll ask for that the next time around.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline c16188

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 07:06:09 AM »
on my German driver's license there is no item "hair colour". However, we have a pic on the license. So, when I asked last year for a new driver's license I had to submit a new photo, now bald shaved head.

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 12:00:37 AM »
I recently got my DL renewed too.  Now I can't keep saying, 'well it doesn't really look like me.'  I guess after shaving for almost 4 years, I would say it's permanent; now it's permanent AND official.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline SlickCountry

• Sly
    • FirehouseChaplain.org
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2008, 09:37:52 PM »
I know what you mean.  It was permanent after the first time, but I kinda like the "official" part to.  lol

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2008, 09:41:56 PM »
hey slickcountry:  i haven't changed my driver's license however... i might go with "bald" next time. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline slyinglide

• Give till it hurts!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Work hard, Play harder, Love Often
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2008, 10:28:17 PM »
What the hell.....I've been shaving the noggin for years and years, I have asked the DMV here in Oregon to change my hair color, but they say they can't.  I said yea you can just type in none or bald and they say no.....I'm pissed now
I was told to think outside the box, how did I get in the box in the first place?

Offline Kojack

• Sly
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2008, 11:16:04 PM »
My understanding is Oregon DMV did not recieve the "Bald" button for their PC's due to budget restraints. Maybe next year slyinglide.
Remember to never take my advice seriously (unless I'm being serious) and you'll do alright.

Offline SlickCountry

• Sly
    • FirehouseChaplain.org
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2008, 11:33:21 PM »
All we can do is keep on trying.  lol

Offline slyinglide

• Give till it hurts!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Work hard, Play harder, Love Often
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2008, 02:41:53 AM »
My understanding is Oregon DMV did not recieve the "Bald" button for their PC's due to budget restraints. Maybe next year slyinglide.
What do you expect from a state that thinks its citizens are to dumb to pump their own gas?

But I like it here
I was told to think outside the box, how did I get in the box in the first place?

Offline robo21

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2008, 09:50:19 PM »
Man I thought the DMV was going to turn down my license when I went from long (and I do mean LONG) hair to just a #2.  Can't wait to see the reaction to having no hair.  I may have to move to be able to drive. ;D

Offline TomF

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2019, 06:21:35 PM »
I know this is an old thread .... and there are several other similar threads .... anyway, I am at a point of needing to get my drivers license renewed .... I have only been sly for 6 months. Overall it has been a great 6 months. I am at a Norwood scale of 2 and probably next year I will be at a 2A or 3 ....so I could potentially grow my hair back out .... on the online form for my drivers license there is a check box option “bald” for hair color ... idk if I can make that official commitment, also, I am sensing if I make that commitment, I should start eliminating all old photos of me with hair, so that myself and others will only see me as the bald guy. It has been 6 months and I still become shocked/surprised by looking at myself in the mirror. Will that feeling eventually go away?

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2019, 06:43:17 PM »
Well Tom, how about you just check your actual hair color, but in the photo you will be bald. I was shaving for about 3 years before I had to renew my license. I was glad to have my new license with the bald photo.

After nearly 6 years, I sometimes look in the mirror when coming out of the shower(shaving), and think.... I can't believe I shaved my head. But I always think...... Damn, that looks good!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2019, 10:53:15 PM »
Florida doesn't put hair or eye color on the license anymore