Author Topic: what blades do you recommend?  (Read 305 times)

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
what blades do you recommend?
« on: July 21, 2021, 09:36:49 AM »
what blades do you recommend?

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: what blades do you recommend?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 10:34:06 AM »
If you are asking about safety razor blades, I like the Astra platinum blades. I can get a box of100 for about $10 on Amazon.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 12:42:48 PM »
I like the shick extreme 3 for shaving because of the handle but I also have a stash of Dorco ST301.  As for the Dorco, They're scary sharp and I tend to get nicks.  I like them both.  I think it's all in the prep but once any blade starts to chatter, I will nick myself.

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2021, 04:38:06 AM »
I still use a Mach3 to shave my noggin. I find that there is less nicking with 3 blades. Itís been several years since i used a 4 or 5 blade razor. Maybe I need to revisit using additional blades but if I recall correctly I didnít find the shaving experience to be much different.

Offline chuck63

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2021, 08:33:41 AM »
I started using a Gillette Fusion5 a couple of years ago.  It gives me a smooth shave and the blades last me 2-3 weeks

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2021, 06:18:23 AM »
After a number of years using a three blade cartridge razor and avoiding the high cost of the Fusion, I finally gave the Gillette Fusion a try a couple of year ago.  I am now sold on them.  The shave is great, and nicks are rare, and they do last a long time.  I typically use them for a month. So the high cost is really not that high considering the durability.
SlyBeard

Enter your email address: