Author Topic: no beard  (Read 6770 times)

Offline scooby

• Sly
no beard
« on: September 30, 2018, 08:47:11 AM »
what would you do if you could not grow a beard.would you let your hair grow out or just have a gotee.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: no beard
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 10:42:49 AM »
If your beard is light or patchy, I would keep clean shaven. No need to grow your hair. I'm seeing alot more guys with a shaved head and no facial hair lately. It's a nice clean look.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 05:14:55 AM »
If I can't grow a beard... definitely go all the way and shave it smooth,like Mr. Clean

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 01:30:37 AM »
It depends... some "lighter" beards look really good, short. A GOOD beard barber can do miracles. You don't need to "Go Viking or Go Home", lots of options out there.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2018, 01:56:24 AM »
yes; the lumberjack craze is finally over and more and more guys are ditching their beards, (and the maintainence).

In fact, I was thinking about going fully clean on New Years Day!  Haven’t decided yet.  What  do you guys think I should do?

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2018, 07:07:16 AM »
Go for it, like we say, it will grow back! For some reason, I've been thinking of shaving the beard for a few months now. I don't know why, kind of like when I wanted to first shave my head, curious to see what it looks like. I turn 65 in a couple weeks, thought that would be a good time to make a change. Doubt it I'll go through with it.

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2018, 02:05:12 PM »
A shaved head looks goo with either a beard or goatee or clean shaven - your preference.
Roger

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2018, 07:23:33 PM »
If the goatee is an option, give that a try.  If you don't like that, then shave it.  I did the goatee/circle beard for many years (20?) before transition to a full beard.  My cheeks remained patchy until my mid 40's.
SlyBeard

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2018, 12:46:55 AM »
I shaved off almost all of my facial hair last week.  Only kept a small patch under my chin. 

I have gotten a lot of compliments - seems like getting rid of the grey beard has made me look less "old"

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2018, 08:50:17 AM »
Every guy is different.  I would keep my head shaved even if I could grow no facial hair.  I have had many facial hair styles over the years, from a solo mustache, a circle beard (mustache with a connecting goatee), a van dyke (mustache and goatee not connected), a balbo/hollywoodian, and a full beard.   I think my face looks better with facial hair of any style over fully shaved. 

But there are a lot of guys that look very good fully shaved, with or without head hair.
SlyBeard

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2018, 05:38:33 PM »
If you by chance have handsome features, for example Yule Brenner ( didn’t check the spelling). The full face shave is going to look good . But many of us not so good looking, a little facial hair helps us look better. My opinion any way.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2018, 03:59:06 AM »
To me this is a "To each his own/YMMV" situation.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline PDXGuy

• Team Sly
  • Sly
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2018, 02:20:39 AM »
I cannot grow a thick full beard so just keep the stubble on my face buzzed down short. It looks great with a shaved head.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2018, 09:29:59 AM »
I see so many more guys with shaved heads AND faces. Many are military, police, firemen, and politicians. Typical professions that sometimes limit facial hair, but embrace bald or near-bald haircuts. This could be the basis for a clean shaven trend.

I would love to try the all shaved look, but I know I look like a dork without facial hair. I know, I know, it will grow back!

Offline artudo123

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2018, 08:03:42 PM »
I'm almost 29 and I can't grow a beard however I have started to apply Minoxidil to my face twice per day. I don't notice very many men with shaved heads also having shaved faces though I'd like to see more.