Author Topic: Sly Bald Guys forum bashed and ridiculed  (Read 10192 times)

Offline tryingtostaypositive

• Sly Jr.
Sly Bald Guys forum bashed and ridiculed
« on: August 29, 2017, 05:43:34 PM »
Check out how this forum is being trashed on other forums - https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/threads/13206-Sly-bald-guys-forum

The OP - "The whole world realises you have sadly succumbed to this ghastly fate, growing a stupid beard, wearing sunglasses and calling yourself "sly" doesn't change this fact. You're not sly mate because it's bloody obvious to anybody with half a brain that you're bald and a sufferer of MPB."

Offline Jordan1991

• Sly
Re: Sly Bald Guys forum bashed and ridiculed
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 05:45:25 PM »
THE joke is on them... Hairloss treatments just sound tiring!

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 06:31:13 PM »
Oh, I dunno. It seems like some of the subsequent posters kind of admired our ability to accept the inevitable and get on with life although some of the humor appeared to escape them. But they struck me as feeling like that forum (I didn't care enough to remember the name) kinda killed their buzz. A couple of them actually commented on how the negativity expressed on that forum sort of depressed them. Seemed like more of them worshipped us, like the bald gods we are, than took potshots at us.
I'm okay with most of f what I read over there.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 11:19:06 PM »
Yep, that's been there for some time now. It sent a lot of traffic over to Sly Bald Guys. Like they say, "there's no such thing as bad press."
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Ronan

• Ronan kerry man
  • Learning the way of Sly
  • LOl
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 05:50:10 AM »
 Thank God I shaved it off. Them guys or the majority will never be happy. Constant hair transplants , pills with sexual side effects and lotions. No thanks

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 06:15:50 AM »
Tryingtostaypositive , your back with your positive posts again .    >:D
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline TheodorusRex

• Sly Jr.
  • Each moment is a place you've never been before.
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 06:27:57 AM »
Radical self acceptance...  The nice thing about going sly - is you can leave all that fretting over your thin scalp in the past and embrace the new, more masculine - you!   I haven't looked back.  I shaved even before I really needed too. 

Here is what I pity - when I see a guy with thinning hair that can't let go.  Still clinging to a comb over or whatever.   

I don't want people to ever feel pity for me - so I go sly.   Sly is in - there are so many of us now.  It's normal and masculine.  Its only an issue if you make it one. 

Every time a negative thought enters your head- just say, "Next."   and move on!
Started shaving November 25th, 2016

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2017, 06:46:30 AM »
How a person wears his hair  or not , is their choice .  Comb over , hairpiece or not . Most of us prefer the shaved look , that  doesn't make others wrong.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Conservator

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2017, 09:49:44 PM »
The eternal chase for hair on the noggin.  I read through the forum and came to the conclusion that these dudes will spend anything for a few strands of hair.

My wife's best girlfriend's boyfriend (now that is a mouthful) has spent a fortune on hair transplants, treatments, shampoos, and other products.  He thinks he looks better but both my wife and I don't see that much improvement.  After two years I can still see his bald spots, particularly the back of his head.

He has gone in for three transplants plus healing kits at a cost of close to $20,000. 
I'm not bald I'm follicly challenged.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2017, 06:18:00 AM »
I can think of far better uses for the $20,000 that guy spent!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2017, 02:14:38 PM »
Exactly.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline tryingtostaypositive

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2017, 06:11:55 AM »
I do think it is admirable that you guys can overlook this issue and carry yourself with such confidence.

I'm not really at that stage yet as I find that I'm simply not as appealing to women as I was with hair.  It doesn't matter how confidence I have inside because from the outside and to the rest of the world you have no hair, you are bald and that is not a good look for most men.  The only women that seem interested are black women (not surprising as black women are known to be the least desired race -  http://www.centrictv.com/life-love/relationships/articles/2014/04/10/are-black-women-the-least-desired-dating-block.html) and those women who have a certain fetish for bald guys.  You know the ones that say "Oh I have a special thing for bald guys"  Exactly like how some men have a thing for larger, bigger girls.

So occasionally I'll get some attention but it's never from the most attractive women who obviously have so many choices and options anyway.  Guess I shouldn't read too much into that. 

In any case, I just wish I got in there, like some of you guys did, before I lost it all.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 06:15:42 AM by tryingtostaypositive »

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2017, 08:07:21 AM »
And then there are some of us who choose to shave our heads.  We did not succumb to anything. We chose a good hair style.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2017, 05:09:59 PM »
I do think it is admirable that you guys can overlook this issue and carry yourself with such confidence.

I'm not really at that stage yet as I find that I'm simply not as appealing to women as I was with hair.  It doesn't matter how confidence I have inside because from the outside and to the rest of the world you have no hair, you are bald and that is not a good look for most men.  The only women that seem interested are black women (not surprising as black women are known to be the least desired race -  http://www.centrictv.com/life-love/relationships/articles/2014/04/10/are-black-women-the-least-desired-dating-block.html) and those women who have a certain fetish for bald guys.  You know the ones that say "Oh I have a special thing for bald guys"  Exactly like how some men have a thing for larger, bigger girls.

So occasionally I'll get some attention but it's never from the most attractive women who obviously have so many choices and options anyway.  Guess I shouldn't read too much into that. 

In any case, I just wish I got in there, like some of you guys did, before I lost it all.

Have you read The Game by Neil Strauss? If so, I recommend it.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2017, 12:30:36 PM »
Haters are gonna hate. It's probably not the fact that we choose to shave our heads, it's because we like it and are happily bald.
Bald by choice, and loving it!