Author Topic: What's the best razor for a close smooth shave?  (Read 8189 times)

Offline Headgas

• Sly Guy in Training
What's the best razor for a close smooth shave?
« on: September 12, 2015, 09:24:11 AM »
You use the headblade atx and I'm not that happy with it.  It takes a while and I have to go all different directions and to over and over my head.  I've tried slow, fast, slight pressure, harder pressure. Six blades,four blades.  And the four blades work best.  But I'm tired of it taking so long and not getting that smooth shave.  I want to slide my hands over my head and not feel rough spots all over.  So what's the best razor to use for a quicker smoother shave?  I shave in the shower and so I don't use any shaving cream or anything.  I only use after shave when I'm done.   Thanks guys!

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
Re: What's the best razor for a close smooth shave?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 10:49:56 AM »
You asked the members for an opinion of what is the best blade. The follow up question should be whether ithere is enough room for the respective opinions to come.

I also am a shower shaver and use the Fusion ProGlide. I have not had good results with HeadBlade's Sport or ATX.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline baldbob

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 03:52:01 PM »
I'm mostly a shower shaver too and I use only Shave Secret and disposable Wilkinson Sword twin-blade razors from Walmart. You can get 12 razors for under $3, and each one lasts me at least three shaves. A barber told me about these razors and even gave me a couple when I treated myself to a barbershop shave. I tried all the HeadBlade models and wasn't happy with any of them. They just don't work for me.

Offline nick2401

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 04:46:18 PM »
Gilette Fusion works well on the head but is hard on the wallet. I use a Merkur Progress with Astra Platinum from Amazon. ( $15CND for 100 blades) I use 1 blade every 4 days. Much easier on my wallet although I might not want to shave in the shower.

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2015, 05:12:54 AM »
i find my gillette mach3 provides a really nice shave, no matter what you use you will have to come at things a few different ways, everyone's hair sits in different directions
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline Alexcisxo

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2016, 12:51:50 AM »
We believe that the issue of benefit sharing is very reasonable

Offline gwsmallwood

• Sly
  • AZ Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2016, 04:31:33 PM »
What's more important to you, speed, or closeness?  If it's speed, you can't do much better than cartridges, you just have to try a few to figure out which one works best for you.  If you want a closer, and in many ways better, shave, then you need to try a single blade razor of some sort.  I highly recommend injectors.  They are the closest you can get to a cartridge razor, but you get all of the benefits of a single blade edge.  DE razors are more common, and are what I, personally use most.

Offline amatlock2778

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 12:14:57 AM »
Im a shower shaver through and through. Cannot stand shaving unless im in the shower, much to the irritation of my significant other, lol. Anyway i shave not only my head, but my whole body. Use a mach 3 for head and face, and cheap walmart generic disposables elsewhere. Gets me some great results head to toe with that combination. Also, i only use shaving gel and other related products for my head. Face and elsewhere, no product, just the razor straight up.
Bald by chioce, never going back

Enter your email address: