Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Trimming Your Head/Hair / Re: Shiny head, how to get it?
« Last post by buzz2none on Today at 09:09:49 AM »
I use witch hazel. It closes the pores and creates a natural non oily shine.
Head Shaving / Re: Skull Shaver
« Last post by clint902 on October 15, 2021, 02:49:49 AM »
Please do Iím looking for one for when Iíll be short on time
I've used a rotary a few times but takes more time and also consider you'll need to wash all that white powder off your head when you're done.  My advise to you is when you're short on time, just skip the shave until you have time to shave properly.  If you really want a quick shave, you'd be better off shaving with the grain with a razor.  Takes maybe a minute or two.  Shaving against the grain is more time consuming but I find that people don't notice the difference anyway.  My rotary tends to leave a few continents on my scalp but seems like I'm the only one that noticed that aspect.
Head Shaving / Re: Very helpful advice for those with skin problems
« Last post by clint902 on October 15, 2021, 02:36:19 AM »
I don't know what to say. :-[
Miscellaneous / Re: Laser hair removal on your scalp
« Last post by ANASFIL on October 15, 2021, 02:09:41 AM »
Thank you all for the encourangement.
I will keep you posted on my progress
Business/Work / Re: Fired at 57!
« Last post by reddog on October 14, 2021, 10:47:31 AM »
Sorry to hear that. Seems there is little loyalty or caring from employers anymore.
Business/Work / Re: Fired at 57!
« Last post by Razor X on October 14, 2021, 10:20:43 AM »
Iím sorry.
Business/Work / Fired at 57!
« Last post by DoberDaddy on October 14, 2021, 05:06:37 AM »
I find myself, at the age of 57, unemployed.

This is life in tech. If you are not upper management and you hit your mid to late 50s, you might as well be dead!

I won't get into the details, it's irrelevant at this point. It was legal, but certainly NOT fair. Replaced with someone 25 years younger, a friend of a friend of the CEO.

I am too young for retirement, although I could kinda sorta scrape by if I move into a studio apartment, or move out of the city (and away from my friends).

The possibility of getting hired, by someone else, this close to mandatory retirement age (67) will be difficult, but maybe not impossible.

I am eligible for unemployment 6 month, roughly 40% of my gross), and get severance pay that is taxed lower than income.

Emotionally, I am not ready to do anything else. Working through almost 2 years of COVID-19... took a lot out of me.

I do have a sort of a side business that pays me enough to cover 1 weeks rent, so that's not really something I can count on.

I am still in the office, it's my last few hours. Nothing left to do. The dept. head is home, in quarantine, having said goodbye via WhatsApp. The new guy is on his phone... watching vids.

Just still in shock, like almost it wasn't real. But it's really real.
« Last post by Razorhead on October 14, 2021, 04:40:21 AM »
@ANASFIL good luck to you on your treatments. As much as I love the process of shaving, it is time consuming. But the idea of waking up in the morning with an instant smooth dome is in intriguing. I think my hair is too grey for laser treatments. But good luck to you. Update us in your progress.
« Last post by Laser Man on October 13, 2021, 11:07:16 AM »
You should start to see results in about ten days as the hair follicles begin to fall out.

It's a big step to opt for laser treatments when you have a full head of hair.  One important aspect of lasers is that the hair does not fall out in a uniform fashion.  You might find that after only one treatment, you have passed "the point of no return" if your hair falls out in patches.  After several laser sessions, your scalp will have a more uniform appearance.

I have done laser treatments, so feel free to PM me with any questions.
« Last post by ANASFIL on October 11, 2021, 12:21:14 PM »
@ANASFIL are you seeing any result yet from that initial hair removal session?

It has been just one week, but have already seen some results. the esthetician said, I have to wait for 15 days till I am going back for a re-check. So I am waiting, as according to hair it needs at least 15 days for the burned part to come out.
We will see, I will keep you posted
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Enter your email address: