Author Topic: terrified to pull the trigger  (Read 6078 times)

Offline ryantheo

• Learning the way of Sly
terrified to pull the trigger
« on: February 08, 2009, 08:58:48 PM »
gentleman - I'm very close to the point of shaving the dome and feel like I may look awful with it.  Anybody feel like that and does it subside? Also, I guess there is no way to know how it will look until it's done.  The everyday hassel of trying to conceal it is getting to be too much

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
Re: terrified to pull the trigger
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 09:10:36 PM »
Just do it. It grows back if you inexplicably do not like it.

The trepidation is natural, but once the deed is done you'll be saying "wtf was I worried about?"

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 09:27:30 PM »
listen to booted Ryan.  He and along with everyone else has felt the same way.  Once you do it, you will be like "WHY DIDNT I DO IT SOONER!" .  Thats not stretching the truth either.  Post up a pic of before and after for us all to see.  It is always good to put a face with a name/post.  Welcome to the site, hope you enjoy your stay here.  We will always leave our "Head" lights on for ya, cause we shine!

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 03:44:09 AM »
Welcome to the Forum Ryan!

Look at all the bald head on here. Do you see anybody that looks really bad. I don't think so...... there's your proof.

Give it the 30 day trial.... you can always grow it back and be hassled with it again if you really like.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 05:54:06 AM »
Welcome to SBG Ryan !!   O0

Almost everyone has that fear before they shave for the first time, so your not alone.

Offline TANK25

• A PHILLY GUY
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 06:05:05 AM »
Welcome bro O0 If you ever had a real close hair cut.You will have a pretty good ideal how you will look.
Don`t sweat the small stuff.<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-users1.imagechef.com/ic/stored/2/090107/sampc1253c6e4ba15e87.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 08:53:11 AM »
Yes Ryan, do the deed.  You will be pleasantly surprised as to how much you will enjoy the shaved noggin.  Also, welcome to the site.  We enjoy our new members.
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 09:07:16 AM »
Well we don't know much about you, age, extend of balding already in place or if you're just interested in the bald by choice option. 

Generally, guys getting on in the balding process always feel liberated.  I can't speak to the bald by choice world.

But, in both cases, the brothers have told you the truth--it will grow back, unless your balding then that process will continue shaved or not.  So you will look pretty much the same in a relatively short time.  Get some clippers, then a razor, take your time--you'll probably like it in any case if our experience watching guys approach the SLY solution. 

Offline joergHH

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 09:16:10 AM »
Also, I guess there is no way to know how it will look until it's done. 

Welcome here, Gentleman!

You say as it is. If you want - and it seems to be - do it. It will look very good and feel much better.
And hair regrows in a short time.
Maybe you want to post a pic?

Enjoy this best forum of the web. Glad you joined.

J

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 10:31:09 AM »
Just pull that trigger and shave it off, bro: the rush you'll feel when you do it will be second-to-none, and you'll wonder why you didnt do it before 8)

Offline MLNHD

• Super Sly
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2009, 10:39:41 AM »
Welcome, Ryan...and you're right -- you won't know how it looks or how it feels until you DO IT. 

There is lots of good advice to be had on this forum.  (And loads of encouragement, too!) 
Sly addict since July 22, 2007.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2009, 11:14:27 AM »
Nothing looks worse than thinning hair, so unless you're an extremely rare exception, a shaved noggin will be a huge improvement.  It's normal to feel a bit apprehensive, but trust me, the sky will not fall and life will go on.  Just jump into the pool!  The water may feel a bit cold at first, but the exhilaration you'll feel will be well worth it.

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2009, 11:17:42 AM »
Nothing looks worse than thinning hair, so unless you're an extremely rare exception, a shaved noggin will be a huge improvement.  It's normal to feel a bit apprehensive, but trust me, the sky will not fall and life will go on.  Just jump into the pool!  The water may feel a bit cold at first, but the exhilaration you'll feel will be well worth it.

Wonderful words of wisdom from Brother Razor. I dont need to add anything except WELCOME BUDDY!
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline time2shine

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2009, 01:06:07 PM »
Welcome Ryan.  These dudes know what they're talking about.
Good luck!

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2009, 03:29:16 PM »
I understand your fears.  But as someone said earllier;  look at all the handsome guys with pics in here.  do any of them look bad?   Standard advice is to buzz it down gradually; then do the deed.   witha really short buzz cut the final step will not be that noticable to anyone but yourself.  Advice I was given was  Shave on a Friday after work.  If you don't like it, by Monday morning it will look like it did on Friday (if it is a short ---  .50 buzz).  So go for it ; and as added encouragement ;  here is a 'before of me' ...  pretty short buzz; but I think I look 100% better shaved.

much better O0  Also like the full beard look, too