Author Topic: How much time before you feel stubble?  (Read 9536 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: How much time before you feel stubble?
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2019, 06:02:24 PM »
It’s usually the next morning for me.  I used to feel sandpapery by about 5 pm but for the past several years it’s taken a good 24 hours to get that effect.  Not sure if my hair has thinned, is growing more slowly or if I’ve just gotten more efficient at shaving.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2019, 10:03:05 PM »
It’s usually the next morning for me.  I used to feel sandpapery by about 5 pm but for the past several years it’s taken a good 24 hours to get that effect.  Not sure if my hair has thinned, is growing more slowly or if I’ve just gotten more efficient at shaving.
This might sound crazy, but I always though my hair grew faster in the summertime.

Also, I'm thinking  thinner hair grows slower because the follicles are on death's door. Wonder what the experts say?

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2019, 10:09:16 AM »
I feel stubble within 3 hours!  But I hate to shave myself, *, and it is very costly to go to the barber for a shave twice a week.  I may be forced to let it grow again just because I will have no choice.

I really, really, really wish that I had invested in laser removal back when my hair still had full color.  Once it started turning grey it is too late.

*(and now that I am losing function in my neck and shoulders it is really difficult to reach to the back of my head or even to shave my neck.  I cannot tilt my head back at all anymore so I cannot see to shave under my jawline and soon I  will lose the ability to turn my head side to side as well.  I can no longer get my arms to go more that 90 degrees perpendicular to my shoulders so it is tough to reach the back of my head for any purpose)

Offline Ty1963

• Sly Jr.
  • Hi I'm Ty
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2019, 03:48:25 PM »
I shave twice a day, as I hate the look and feel of stubble. A.M. with a 5 blade and evening with a Braun Series 5.
Hi I'm Ty I'm 55 years old my hair started thinning in my late 20s and really started thinning quickly in my late 40s I've worn a hair system for the last year and I've just decided to shave my head for 30 days and give it a try so far I like it I feel confident with my bald head. Feels great!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2019, 11:39:32 PM »
I can barely begin to detect it at about give hours, but even thigh I shaveat night it is not derectable yo others the entire day

Offline stasiu

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • All dressed up & no hair to go !
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2019, 11:45:11 AM »
I've been male pattern bald now for some 41 years, so there is maybe six hairs on top and my baldness over the years went wider and deeper, so I don't have much fringe hair left to shave.  I guess I am lucky?  :D

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2019, 09:57:02 PM »
I've been male pattern bald now for some 41 years, so there is maybe six hairs on top and my baldness over the years went wider and deeper, so I don't have much fringe hair left to shave.  I guess I am lucky?  :D

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2019, 01:46:17 PM »
About 8 - 10 hours. I wish it took longer, though.
Hair is over rated.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2019, 12:12:48 PM »
About 8 - 10 hours. I wish it took longer, though.
Me too. Ideally, 24 hours before any detection of stubble. Dream on tho.

Offline ANASFIL

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2019, 12:16:53 AM »
8 to 10 hours usually

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2019, 09:12:17 AM »
Yes, if you're like me and want it totally smooth every day, shaving a full head of hair can be a lot of work. Sometimes wish I still had dark hair so laser removal would be an option. I've been reading about a new procedure that works on grey hair. Anybody head of it?
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2019, 10:24:40 AM »
Yes, if you're like me and want it totally smooth every day, shaving a full head of hair can be a lot of work. Sometimes wish I still had dark hair so laser removal would be an option. I've been reading about a new procedure that works on grey hair. Anybody head of it?

Never heard of it, but I hope it is true as well.  And cheap.
SlyBeard

Offline nicolaus

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2019, 11:23:13 AM »
8-10 hours, as well. I usually shave in every other morning. At noon it’s mostly still smooth, but it starts to feel stubble in the evening. On the second day it’s totally like sandpaper. When I have an important occasion and should look tidy, I shave again without waiting two days.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2019, 01:28:25 PM »
8-10 hours, as well. I usually shave in every other morning. At noon it’s mostly still smooth, but it starts to feel stubble in the evening. On the second day it’s totally like sandpaper. When I have an important occasion and should look tidy, I shave again without waiting two days.
ditto 8 to 10. around 8 I can feel it.  After 10 hours from a shave, I think most can see it on me.  If I'm going out same night and I have some time, I'll hit it again with razor.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2019, 07:33:31 AM »
I was sitting with a bunch of guys at a car show last night, and the subject of my shaved head came up. They wondered if I shaved once a week, and they were surprised when I said everyday. I had to explain that I didn't like stubble, and want it completely smooth. I told them it was definitely worth the effort!
Bald by choice, and loving it!