Author Topic: Anyone here work out or run?  (Read 24362 times)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Anyone here work out or run?
« on: January 20, 2016, 09:58:23 PM »
Hi Gents:  Hope all is well with you and your families.  Since July 9, 2015... I have dedicated fitness into my lifestyle.  Since than... I have lost 25 pounds and I am feeling great.  There is no magic pill.    Just hard work, dedication, diet, and exercise.

I eat right and go to the gym atleast 3 to 4 times a week.  I always look forward to my work outs at the gym.  Matter of fact... I just recently started a YouTube channel regarding my fitness journey to make it more fun.  I will leave a link to it at the end of this post.

So... how 'bout you?  Do you work out?  Run?  Both?  What do you do to stay fit?  If you do not work out... do you plan on doing so?  What's your story?

WARHAWK O0
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 05:53:26 PM by Tyler »

Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline beardbald

• Sly
Re: Anyone here work out or run?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 02:36:37 AM »

Cool video. I can see you've lot weight by previous avatars you had here - well done!

I fluctuate. Due to a relationship breakup and moving from South of the Uk to North I had let both my fitness and body shape slide and had put on some weight. I also lose interest easily and this is something I need to change, so I'm currently charting my workouts and training six times a week. rather than going and doing the same thing over and over, I sourced the internet for workout plans and focus on different parts of the body on different days.  I have recently been running a bit  - on a treadmill because I would literally fall over if I ran outside as I am clumsy and am the type of person that manages to find every possible crack, hole or piece of uneven pavement and trip over it.

I did get to the point a couple of years ago that I was running 5k everyday and could whack out the occasionally 10 or 15k but then due to personal events I let it slide,

I think my issue is that I am 44 and I measure myself against younger guys in how I want to look and am probably not admitting I am getting older or setting myself objectives that fit my age. At new year I decided enough was enough and I AM going to get into shape and have spent the last three weeks caning it.

Last weekend I tried on my old jeans and it looks like I may need to go shopping soon!  I'm pleased with the weight I have lost and yesterday I could feel my torso was harder, so I just need to keep that focus! 

Offline jbrit25

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 06:05:18 AM »
I've been a gym regular for about 10 years. I hate running, so I do the least amount possible. I keep it to a mile 3x a week. Occasionally I'll go 2 miles if I want to make my life miserable. Last year I tried reducing the weight I was lifting by about 5lbs and really began focusing on form and pace on my reps and saw a big difference in my results. I would recommend trying that.
Roll Tide!
COYS!

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 06:21:48 AM »
I  try togo to the gym three times a week and I  play tennis three times a week.  I am retired so that is no problem.  When travelling which I do regularly as a travel writer (I am currently  in Manila) I  use the hotel gym.

Roger
Roger

Offline 4fit

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 07:21:03 AM »
I do all my workouts daily on home gym equipment. I am 52 and no athlete but can not describe how much better I feel both physically and mentally by keeping up with a daily routine. I never exercised in my young days and am so pleased that I actually look better than. I did in my twenties. It's never to late to start.

Offline BaldBassMan

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 08:20:59 AM »
Been wanting to get back active, I work in a call center so I get no real exercise at work. Been battling a bad back as well as chronic headaches and migraines, and know if I can get started on a better track of fitness I'll feel so much better. Too broke for a gym membership, so I gotta get creative. Great video Mel.
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. - Romans 12:2

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 10:42:03 AM »
I admire your willingness to make videos of your weight loss journey. Hopefully they will inspire me. I'm a little heavier and rounder around the middle than I would like to be. I was in to running for a while but got out of it for some reason.

I subscribed and can't wait to see what you post in your next video.
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 11:19:36 AM »
I took a gym membership this past Monday, Mel. Maybe one weekend, I'll take a drive out there and join you for a workout (if you don't mind)
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 05:04:48 PM »
I try to make it to the gym at least three days a week.  I started at a young age, then dropped out after having kids.  Been getting back into it for the last 5 years or so.  But I have a recent set-back.  I have a "high grade partial tear" on my distal bicep tendon.  It did not happen at the gym, I did it moving a large planter from my patio to protect it from cold weather.
SlyBeard

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2016, 07:35:14 PM »
I aim to walk 2 miles per day, but this past week has been too cold to get out and walk. Don't have indoor walking track or mall nearby.  Next week should be warmer.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2016, 02:30:59 AM »
I use the 'runkeeper' app to track my walk/run activities.  If you would like to track along for support, PM me.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2016, 09:05:25 AM »
I took a gym membership this past Monday, Mel. Maybe one weekend, I'll take a drive out there and join you for a workout (if you don't mind)
That would be awesome.  Just give me a PM ahead of time because at times I work the weekends.

WARHAWK O0

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2016, 09:06:43 AM »

Cool video. I can see you've lot weight by previous avatars you had here - well done!

I fluctuate. Due to a relationship breakup and moving from South of the Uk to North I had let both my fitness and body shape slide and had put on some weight. I also lose interest easily and this is something I need to change, so I'm currently charting my workouts and training six times a week. rather than going and doing the same thing over and over, I sourced the internet for workout plans and focus on different parts of the body on different days.  I have recently been running a bit  - on a treadmill because I would literally fall over if I ran outside as I am clumsy and am the type of person that manages to find every possible crack, hole or piece of uneven pavement and trip over it.

I did get to the point a couple of years ago that I was running 5k everyday and could whack out the occasionally 10 or 15k but then due to personal events I let it slide,

I think my issue is that I am 44 and I measure myself against younger guys in how I want to look and am probably not admitting I am getting older or setting myself objectives that fit my age. At new year I decided enough was enough and I AM going to get into shape and have spent the last three weeks caning it.

Last weekend I tried on my old jeans and it looks like I may need to go shopping soon!  I'm pleased with the weight I have lost and yesterday I could feel my torso was harder, so I just need to keep that focus!

Thank you, sir.  Keep up the good job on your fitness journey, too.

WARHAWK O0

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2016, 09:09:30 AM »
I've been a gym regular for about 10 years. I hate running, so I do the least amount possible. I keep it to a mile 3x a week. Occasionally I'll go 2 miles if I want to make my life miserable. Last year I tried reducing the weight I was lifting by about 5lbs and really began focusing on form and pace on my reps and saw a big difference in my results. I would recommend trying that.

Thanks.  I will have to try that routine out next week.  On a side note... congrats on Bama winning the CFB National Championship.

WARHAWK O0

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2016, 09:11:00 AM »
I  try togo to the gym three times a week and I  play tennis three times a week.  I am retired so that is no problem.  When travelling which I do regularly as a travel writer (I am currently  in Manila) I  use the hotel gym.

Roger

Hi Roger:  Good for you and keep it up. 

WARHAWK O0