Author Topic: Hello world, just done the BraveTheShave  (Read 1975 times)

Offline BeardedWanderers

• Bearded Wanderers
  • Learning the way of Sly
    • BeardedWanderers
Hello world, just done the BraveTheShave
« on: August 30, 2018, 12:33:53 AM »
Hi guys, I’ve been sly before, but it just lasted the first shave and then grew back.  I was itching to get back to bald so decided to do the #BraveTheShave with a twist. The more people sponsored the longer I stay bald.  I started with £250 target for shaving immediately, then £500 to be bald until Christmas and £1000 to be bald for a year and £2000 to be bald for two years. 

As I have a full head of hair, it would have caused lots of questions on why I’d shaved off all my hair, so rather than saying I wanted to, I could say it was a sponsored bald situation for a cancer charity, and objections are instantly quashed.  So far with sponsorship and pledges I’ve reached over £1300. So I’m bald for a year (after then people will just know me as the bald guy) so I can continue with the shaving and style without argument.

If anyone wants to sponsor me, I’ve got a day left of sponsorship.  Links below, the brave the share link is only available for payments if you live in the. UK

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Jonathan-Welford

https://www.bravetheshave.macmillan.org.uk/shavers/jonathan-welford‬

There is a video of my shave down and cut throat shave on the BraveTheShave link.

In the mean time hi there guys from a committed bald for a year guy.

Jonathan

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
Re: Hello world, just done the BraveTheShave
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 02:47:00 AM »
Well done.  Once you have shaved for a year I doubt whether you will grow it back.  Look good.
Roger

Offline scooby

• Sly
Re: Hello world, just done the BraveTheShave
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 03:17:40 PM »
you look great with a shaved head and the beard.thank you giving support to something that is close to my heart,i had cancer in 2005,nobody knows what its like until you go through it,thank you and you have my respect.

Enter your email address: