Author Topic: New to slybald and two questions  (Read 3443 times)

Offline pouseylova6

• Learning the way of Sly
New to slybald and two questions
« on: November 20, 2018, 10:11:39 AM »
Hello guys!
I have been trimming my head with a philips oneblade but it kinda takes a little bit time to get it done (40 min with face shave)
Since HeadBlade has an oficial reseller in my country i would like to try it out.
I have two questions:
1, do you prefer HB3 or HB4 on the new moto model? I think HB4 might be too much for my skin.
2, how many days can i be without shaving my head but still make only 1 against the grain pass?
Thanks

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
Re: New to slybald and two questions
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 10:31:56 AM »
I am not a HeadBlade user, so I cannot help you with that question.  I use a quality multi-blade traditional razor.

As far as shaving with one pass, about 3 days max.
SlyBeard

Offline pouseylova6

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 10:33:35 AM »
I am not a <a href='https://amzn.to/2FkeTem'>HeadBlade[/url] user, so I cannot help you with that question.  I use a quality multi-blade traditional razor.

Which razor do you use?

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 11:05:05 AM »
Three days max but 2 days you may find is easier and faster . I use generally a 2 blade cartridge, Barbasol, Gillette , and others , they all work for me. You should find any of these faster than the one your using now. Headblade is good but not necessarily the best . We all have our favorites.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline professor

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 02:22:06 PM »
Early on I shaved with the headblade but have now abandoned for a traditional razor.  I get a smoother finish with a traditional razor and far less nicks. 

Offline Tchelo

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 02:46:53 PM »
Hi. I use a Mach III and shaved everyday on shower.

Offline Blagadan

• Super Sly
  • Feckin' little baldy eejit!
    • My blog: Raiméis
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 03:38:20 PM »
I bought one of the expensive headblades years ago and it didn't work for me. Will never go back to it. I use a 5 blade Gillette. I often shave with anywhere from 2-5 days growth, I never get a single pass really. Multiple passes doesn't bother me though, I don't get burn unless I dry shave.

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2018, 08:32:11 PM »
I have never tried Headblade which seems to get poor reviews from many on this board.  I use Gillette Sensor 3 which works well for me.
Roger

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2018, 07:19:18 AM »
I am not a <a href='https://amzn.to/2FkeTem'><a href='https://amzn.to/2FkeTem'>HeadBlade[/url][/url] user, so I cannot help you with that question.  I use a quality multi-blade traditional razor.

Which razor do you use?

I use a generic equivalent to the Gillette Fusion.
SlyBeard

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2018, 08:11:33 AM »
The Headblade didn't work for me, I usually use a Shick Extreme 3 disposable. They work great and are cheap.

I think 3 days in max for me, although I usually shave daily. When taking a shower, I let as much not water run on my head while washing. By the time I'm done washing, my head is ready for shaving. Nothing feels better than a BBS headshave!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2018, 10:40:59 PM »
 I try the head blade and I really didn’t like it either got lots of Knicks and it took a long time to shave

The fastest shave I could get is with the multi blade razor like a mockery and doing it either in the shower or right out of the shower

But going against the grain especially when you’re new to shaving takes time if you want to be able to go against the grain in one pass you’re going to need to shave daily or you’re going to get a lot of irritation if you don’t care about the one pass

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2018, 10:42:15 PM »
If you don’t care about the one past part of it you can get away with shaving every third day and still be able to do a nice against the grain shave if you go more than three days your hair is too long it’s going to pull of the razor you’re going to irritate the heck out of your scalp and probably Nick yourself if you go more than three days you’re going to have to take out the clippers first

Offline Catalyst

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2018, 07:09:55 PM »
I can’t really tell you how the hb4 is working I’m only on second shave with my new headblade moto.   I can say that with it I’ll go with and against the grain.  But after that I grab the extreme3 and clean up anything left.   I’m taking my time getting used to the headblade.