Author Topic: Looking Different To Your Age  (Read 14141 times)

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Looking Different To Your Age
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2018, 05:01:38 PM »
Thanks Scooby, I've tried numerous times to grow my hair back, but can't seem to get beyond 5 or 6 weeks. I miss being the guy with the shaved head. I like how I look bald, and how a smooth head feels. I even enjoy the daily routine of shaving. I guess after 5 years, I'm hooked!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2018, 02:44:30 PM »
Lady at Dunkin Donuts gives me senior citizen discount.   I'm 48
oh, sh*t!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2018, 11:22:58 PM »
 when I get rid of the gray hair people always rumors that I look younger

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2018, 06:08:05 AM »
Lady at Dunkin Donuts gives me senior citizen discount.   I'm 48

I was often offered the Sr Citizen discount when I was in my mid 40's with gray/white hair.  Since going sly at around age 50, and now almost 57, I have never been offered the discount.
SlyBeard

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2018, 12:26:42 PM »
Definitely,I look older bald.
idk 'bout older. but you look like a fighter.

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2018, 05:50:21 AM »
Definitely,I look older bald.
idk 'bout older. but you look like a fighter.
a UFC fighter? Haha,thanks Slybeard 👊💡

Offline Ty1963

• Sly Jr.
  • Hi I'm Ty
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2018, 05:47:10 PM »
To me you appear to be in your 30s so Count Your blessings and maybe you could grow your stubble for 3 or 4 days just to give your wife that little extra something. LOL there could be a dividend with that.
Hi I'm Ty I'm 55 years old my hair started thinning in my late 20s and really started thinning quickly in my late 40s I've worn a hair system for the last year and I've just decided to shave my head for 30 days and give it a try so far I like it I feel confident with my bald head. Feels great!

Offline BaldBlindAt20

• ŁYSY ALE ZNA PRZEPISY
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2021, 03:04:33 AM »
Well I look now different to my age and have been even before my hairloss kicked in, when I was 16 people assumed I was 21. Now because of the buzzcut, facial hair (I have quite good coverage), I am assumed to be 42 (while I am 20 lmao). My buzzcut is very light, because I have blonde hair. Will going sly make me look younger?

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2021, 08:27:57 AM »
People tend to guess our age by our hair or lack of it.  If a guy's hair is grey or thinning, they assume the guy is older.  I don't know how shaving fits into the mix so I have nothing to else to say about that.  My wife told me I look younger since I shaved it off but others might think I look older but judging by the state of our society, I don't really care.  I just shave because I can't stand having hair on my head.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2021, 10:45:39 AM »
I started to go grey at 21 yo. Of course, my ex-wife was a hair stylist, so she often colored it. By the time I was 35, I was almost completely grey, and I hated it! Shaved heads were very rare then, so I never considered shaving my head. I guess that's one of the best things about wearing a shaved head now, not having that white hair!

And @clint902 , another advantage of shaving with grey hair is we don't have any shadow at all. Just a smooth, shiny, evenly tanned dome!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline MoonageDaydream

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2021, 05:31:39 AM »
Shaving my head definitely makes me look older than I am. I’m 32, but it makes me look like I’m in my late 30s/early 40s. However, I think I look exactly the same age now as I did four years ago when I first went fully shaved bald.

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2021, 08:48:15 PM »
I shave my head to get rid of the grey …. But I’m mostly silver now. I hate it when the silver stubble starts peeking through if I skip a couple days of shaving. It looks like a fungus on my head. All the motivation to take out the razor. I think my grey beard though is a giveaway on my age so I keep it short. I may look younger but i thinks its more due to taking care of my skin. Always use sun screen and a moisturizer. Wear a boonie hat in the sun.  And drink more water.

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2021, 01:55:59 AM »
Mine is worse, my hair (what is left of it) is silver/grey at the sides, but has a U-shaped stripe that is till dark brown... looks... absurd... so I shave it all, and the hair system is 90% silver/grey.

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2021, 04:24:45 AM »
@BaldBlindAt20     Hey there…. Did you shave your head yet?

Offline BaldBlindAt20

• ŁYSY ALE ZNA PRZEPISY
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2021, 04:58:50 AM »
@BaldBlindAt20     Hey there…. Did you shave your head yet?

I made a mistake of growing out. I have 1cm hair right now and my parents insist that I grow out because I still 'have hair' when it is diffused as hell lmao, they wanted to see how it grows out and they are happy with the result, whereas I am not. The worst thing is, they react with anger for everytime I mention shaving head, telling me that I am obsessed about it and thought that when I buzz it I will shut up and never mention my hair again. (they thought that I will buzz only once and then grow out lmao).