Author Topic: Looking Different To Your Age  (Read 14155 times)

Offline Wiremu

• Sly Jr.
Looking Different To Your Age
« on: August 21, 2018, 12:00:52 AM »
Does anybody here who is BBC regularly get told they look older or younger due to being bald?

I've had a mixture of both.

My wife says I look way older and should grow my hair back (although she just wants me to go for the Statham-type stubble and that ain't going to happen).
But a couple of days ago I met a woman who insisted that I was the same age as her son. I asked how old her son was and she replied 32. I laughed and said I was 12 years older but she didn't believe me. She said the BBC made me look younger.

I think there'd be a variety of lifestyle factors that come into play before lack of hair, including protecting skin from the sun (important in Perth), drinking lots of water, moisturising, and perhaps overall demeanour and attitude.

Interested to hear others thoughts.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Looking Different To Your Age
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 06:34:35 AM »
Yes, many people can't believe I'm nearly 65. Shaving my snow white hair makes a difference, even though my beard is white.

Noting ages a person more than smoking and heavy drinking. I have a sister and brother that look much older than their age.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 07:28:10 AM »
I am almost 76 and many time been told l look younger. I do think bald looks younger than ring around the head. My weight is same as high school 165 lb. Moderate exercise, and try eat healthy all help. But still enjoy 2  adult beverages a night. Always try to keep active , but don’t over due.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline scooby

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 03:06:38 PM »
when i tell people that i am 60 years old they call me a liar and say that i look only in my 40s.not only do i look younger then 60 i also feel younger.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 11:04:27 AM »
If I shave my beard off I will get carded regularly. Since my beard is mostly grey I look older with the beard.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2018, 01:01:47 PM »
Does anybody here who is BBC regularly get told they look older or younger due to being bald?

I've had a mixture of both.

My wife says I look way older and should grow my hair back (although she just wants me to go for the Statham-type stubble and that ain't going to happen).
But a couple of days ago I met a woman who insisted that I was the same age as her son. I asked how old her son was and she replied 32. I laughed and said I was 12 years older but she didn't believe me. She said the BBC made me look younger.

I think there'd be a variety of lifestyle factors that come into play before lack of hair, including protecting skin from the sun (important in Perth), drinking lots of water, moisturising, and perhaps overall demeanour and attitude.

Interested to hear others thoughts.
60/40; younger, older. strangers always say i look younger.

Offline Wiremu

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2018, 06:07:16 PM »
[/quote]

Isn't it strange that people you don't know say you look younger while people you do know say you look older? That is exactly what I've noticed.

Edit: Did quote wrong. Will have to figure that out.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2018, 07:37:10 PM »
I think young guys (less than 30) with a shaved head can look older, especially if they have some facial hair to go with it.  But older guys, over 40, look younger.  I am often told that I look 10 to 15 years younger than I am, and nobody believes me when I tell them I am retired.
SlyBeard

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2018, 09:30:25 PM »
I’ve tried to take care of myself so I could look younger than my actual age but I don’t think it is working. I look a lot older than I did just a few years ago. A lot of that is due to my beard getting greyer but my skin is also showing the ravages of time.

I don’t know how old people who don’t know my age think I am, but when people see picture of me with hair and no beard, they often seem shocked and I don’t usually get the impression that think my current look is an improvement.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2018, 06:34:06 PM »

Isn't it strange that people you don't know say you look younger while people you do know say you look older? That is exactly what I've noticed.

Edit: Did quote wrong. Will have to figure that out.
[/quote]I know. True every time. What gives with that.

Offline njbill

• Sly
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2018, 10:04:59 AM »
Lady at Dunkin Donuts gives me senior citizen discount.   I'm 48

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2018, 03:42:07 AM »
Definitely,I look older bald.

Offline clipped

• Sly
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2018, 01:02:39 PM »
I generally think that having my head shaved, or tightly clipped, makes me look younger, as I am pretty bald on top. Like others have said, I try to take good care of myself and people generally think that I am younger than my age (pre-beard growth).  I recently let my beard grow for 2 months while recuperating from hand surgery. It's all white, as is the #1 stubble on my head. I have grown a full beard; had it very slightly trimmed and shaped only twice after the first 5 weeks. A friend said that it looked good, but made me look "older". Then he said, but we are all getting "older". I don't think that my full white beard makes me look as old as, say 5 days of white stubble on my face does.  I'll be interested to see what more people think.  I don't know if I will keep it once I can use that arm again.

Razor, I think your beard looks great.     

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2018, 08:12:07 AM »
Us guys with white hair look much younger with it all shaved off. Another benefit of shaving off white hair is having absolutely no shadow!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline scooby

• Sly
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2018, 03:07:39 PM »
reddog,i seen a picture of you with your white hair and i think you still look great either way.

Enter your email address: