Author Topic: should I got Bald again?  (Read 5499 times)

Offline slickjack

• Sly Jr.
  • Day 1
Re: should I got Bald again?
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2020, 08:02:33 AM »
I agree with the other comments - you have to do what makes you happy.  But I totally understand your apprehension too.  I took me a very long time to get the courage to shave my head. I really worried what people would think, particularly as I have a full head of hair.  Would they think I was weird?  How would it fit with working for quite a conservative organisation?  The first couple of times I shaved (usually when on vacation) I let my hair grow back after a few days, despite wanting to stay bald. To be honest, I was pretty annoyed with myself for giving in to worrying what others might think or conforming to perceived norms.  But that's where I ended up.

I finally shaved my head again in April this year and have now been bald for 5 months.  I decided I really should do what I want.  Yes, some people remarked at the beginning and my mum in particular doesn't really like me bald.  I still get the odd comment now, particularly from people I haven't seen for a while.  But I can't tell you have much more confident I feel too. I really like having a shaved head and I think it looks pretty good. I enjoy shaving and having a totally smooth, clean head with a contrasting beard.  I now wish I'd got the courage to stay bald sooner.  All my old worries seem rather ridiculous, although they felt very real at the time.

You look great bald too. 

Enter your email address: