Author Topic: Is there any legitimate work from home online type jobs?  (Read 9724 times)

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
Is there any legitimate work from home online type jobs?
« on: August 11, 2010, 10:34:10 PM »
It's something I have always been interested in. But they all seem to be scams like, yeah you can make online money if you pay X amount of dollars first for our guide or something.

So I'm just curious as to if there are really any legitimate online jobs. I figured this would be a good place to start and ask.

Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=a93edc2f9430bed4c6b2382425c327c0

Offline pdxtodd

• Super Sly
  • Sly since 12/4/2009
Re: Is there any legitimate work from home online type jobs?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 10:42:47 PM »
In 2006 I started an online book buying and selling business that was very successful.   I ended up selling the business because it grew to the point of being a full time job - and I already had a full time job.   I built a website (www.webuyyourbooks.com) and started buy books and selling them online through Amazon.com.   It started in my basement and grew so quickly that I had to move into a warehouse.    I would typically buy books at anywhere from 10% to 30% of what they were selling for used on Amazon and turned around and sold them on line.   Its by no means a get rich quick opportunity and in fact its a lot of work.   But it is online and something you can do from home.   When I sold the business we were buying and selling about 250 books a day.   

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 11:10:38 PM »
Online poker.  Many people make very nice profits (50-100k+/yr) just by playing low to mid stakes poker 4-6 hours a day.  

It takes a lot of hard work, study, and hours of experience to become a winning player.  It's not something I'd recommend to the highly risk averse if you plan to make a full time job of it, however; it can be very rewarding in a monetary and non-monetary sense, i.e. spend more time at home, you're your own boss, set your own hours, etc.

Like any job it also has its drawbacks.  Poker is a lonely profession and it can be easy to pick up bad habits like not eating well, not exercising, and gambling (prop bets, sports betting, blackjack, etc.),

As with any self-employment/investment venture, you must be highly disciplined and learn things like bankroll management, setting a stop-loss, being honest with yourself and forcing yourself to analyze your play with hand tracking programs, and controlling "tilt" (not letting emotions cloud your judgement and logic).

PM me if you want to learn more.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 11:18:01 PM by BillOnBass »
"There he goes.  One of God's own prototypes.  A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.  Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 11:35:01 PM »
I just want to make more money than I am now. and the Job market in mesa is not so great
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=a93edc2f9430bed4c6b2382425c327c0

Offline Jack

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 02:22:29 AM »
Support.com is a legit WFH employer if you're qualified.
ChaCha is also a legit employer, W9 contractor positions for, basically, online question-answerers.
Those are all I know of personally.

Offline SlyBaldDude

• Sly
    • Standing Out In the Crowd
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 07:58:40 AM »
I've been working from home for almost four years now.  The only thing I found ligit is call center work from home.  I made a living but I hated the work.  I started a leather crafting business which is about half my income and slowly growing.  There arn't any instant income things worth your time.  I've found that I just have to be diligent and stick with it.  I heard Medical Transcription was legit so I paid for a course but it just didn't turn me on.  For me I had to find my passion ..

Offline timetobeme

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 09:28:34 PM »
Wow, Todd!  Good for you.  That is a very creative idea!

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 09:10:34 PM »
Some people hate it...but Amway Global is working for me and my team(s).  It isn't always work at home...especially lately for me, I dusted off the cards and added some magic to my promotions, I have fun doing it a few days a month...

Definately not a plan A from the get go, but can lead to that.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 10:10:17 PM »
Start reading about affiliate marketing  - you can start by visiting http://www.shoemoney.com
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline gutsygirl

• Surviving Chronic Illness with a Smile :D
  • Sly
  • Gutsy is as Gutsy does!
    • Naturally Gutsy - surviving gastrointestinal illness with a smile!
Re: Re: Is there any legitimate work from home online type jobs?
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 09:15:27 PM »
I have been working for 3 yrs from home for NTI, Natl Telecommuting Institute, and I'm on a permanent contract for AAA. This company only hires folks who have disabilities. Pay isn't great but the job works well for me because I can work from bed when too sick to "show up" for work otherwise.

http://jobsearch.about.com/u/reviews/jobsdatabases/jobsitereviews/Work-at-Home-No-Scams.htm

http://www.workathomenoscams.com/

This is actually where I first heard of NTI. Eddies website is amazing. You just have to check it out. He categorizes opportunities by type and gives detailed reviews, often with videos.
CRPSablaze.wordpress.com, NaturallyGutsy.com

Offline DJ_Bald

• Super Sly
  • Letting it shine !
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 06:17:26 PM »
There are many IT jobs where you can work from home with some travel into the office here and there.  Of course you need to have IT skills but if you do and your good you certainly can find something.
Shave your head.....free your mind.

Enter your email address: