Author Topic: Tired of using cheap crappy products!!  (Read 2296 times)

Offline Sniggih1981

• Learning the way of Sly
Tired of using cheap crappy products!!
« on: January 05, 2019, 12:30:12 PM »
What’s up everybody. I’m getting sick of using regular bar soap and shaving cream from a can. Wondering what you guys use to shave your head and also what soaps do you use to your wash your head in the shower. Thanks for the input! O0

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Tired of using cheap crappy products!!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 03:09:12 PM »
Welcome to the board!

Through the years, I have primarily used Headslick with Shave Secret. Now that Headslick can only be purchased online, I have been using Aveeno Shave cream until the Headslick arrives. That said, no matter what shave cream/soap you use, I would get Shave Secret shave oil and add it to whatever cream you are using. It helps give you a smooth shave, in fact, you can use it alone if you like to shave your head. It cost about $3 and you only need about 5 drops added to your shave cream/soap. If you use it alone, you might need about 15 drops and rub it over your head. (Only do this if you have one or two days growth)
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 12:42:48 PM »
Welcome to the board!

Through the years, I have primarily used  with Shave Secret. Now that  can only be purchased online, I have been using Aveeno Shave cream until the  arrives. That said, no matter what shave cream/soap you use, I would get Shave Secret shave oil and add it to whatever cream you are using. It helps give you a smooth shave, in fact, you can use it alone if you like to shave your head. It cost about $3 and you only need about 5 drops added to your shave cream/soap. If you use it alone, you might need about 15 drops and rub it over your head. (Only do this if you have one or two days growth)
i've only used commercial Gillette shave cream in a can. I'll get an occasional nick and rarely break out. THAT SAID, do you think I would get a noticeable improvement from Shave Secret?

I see all the advertisements and never know what's real and what's just hype. I hate spending $$ for something that's going to be tossed under my sink and never seen again.  ;)

Offline jbrit25

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 11:08:31 AM »
I switched to Bee Bald in June. Its really weird to be honest. Its like putting on lotion and I miss the lather I got from my Nivea shaving cream. I'm on my second tube, but I think I'm going to go back to my old stuff after this one is done.
Roll Tide!
COYS!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 12:33:13 PM »
Welcome to the board!

Through the years, I have primarily used  with Shave Secret. Now that  can only be purchased online, I have been using Aveeno Shave cream until the  arrives. That said, no matter what shave cream/soap you use, I would get Shave Secret shave oil and add it to whatever cream you are using. It helps give you a smooth shave, in fact, you can use it alone if you like to shave your head. It cost about $3 and you only need about 5 drops added to your shave cream/soap. If you use it alone, you might need about 15 drops and rub it over your head. (Only do this if you have one or two days growth)
i've only used commercial  shave cream in a can. I'll get an occasional nick and rarely break out. THAT SAID, do you think I would get a noticeable improvement from Shave Secret?

I see all the advertisements and never know what's real and what's just hype. I hate spending $$ for something that's going to be tossed under my sink and never seen again.  ;)

Lately, my best combination for smooth is Shave Secret+Aveeno+a brush combined with a foil shaver when time allows. Shave secret is only $2.88 at Walmart, if it doesn't work for you, just use it up and don't buy another one.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline artudo123

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 07:11:18 PM »
I use Dove For Men 2in1 Shampoo & Conditioner which I get for about $3/bottle and it does me about 2-3 months.

As for shaving cream, I started off with Gillette shaving gel but recently upgraded to Rocky Mountain pre-shave oil, shaving cream, and after-shave which costs about $55 Canadian but makes my head super smooth for longer compared to when I was using Gillette.

Offline headshaver77

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2019, 12:31:26 PM »
I developed a pre-shave hot towel for head shavers, it’s called the ShaveBeanie. It warms up your head and gives you a great head shave. You can buy it on Amazon.

Enter your email address: