Author Topic: March Sly Fitness Challenge  (Read 7595 times)

Offline TyMoore122

• Think....DO!
  • Sly
  • www.FriendsOfCFF.org
    • Friends of CFF in Washington State
March Sly Fitness Challenge
« on: February 28, 2013, 11:46:07 PM »
Hi Team Sly,
Well spring is just 3 weeks away here in the Northwestern US and need to turn up the spinning sessions so I can be ready to compete in some events with my 18 YO son!!!

Get ready for summer now even if its only 20 mins 3 days a week it makes a big difference.

Post up and join in, don't have to have big goals just a couple work outs a week, couple long walks or trips to the gym.

Here are my goals and will check in weekly:
1) 200 miles to ride this month (50+ weekly) - setup my favorite distance bike on a trainer for the rainy season, cross bike for outdoor.
2) 3-4 strength training a week
3) 6.5 hours min training a week

Share your goals....do some check-ins ....lets get going!!
Cheers,
Ty

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
Re: March Sly Fitness Challenge
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 01:26:02 AM »
G'day everyone!

Welcome back Ty, I totally was in the process of making the March one then when I hit send I see you beat me too it, deleted to stop confusion!

Last month was really active, which makes me happy. It's great to see so many other people putting themselves out there and getting active 

As for those goals:

- I'm going for an injury free month, ther is nothing worse then an injury!

- 55kg (~120lbs)incline bench press

- 20kg (~45lbs) single arm preacher curls

- 70kg (~155lbs)squats (Hamstring to calf)

- More then 5 unassisted pull ups... it still blows my mind how hard pull ups are compared to chin ups haha, even though I understand why...

That's my goals for the month, they all seem pretty attainable so lets see how I go!

Good luck in March everyone, and may you all a great injury free goal attaining month 

Offline Viking

• Sly
  • The artist formally known as Gearhead.......
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 01:36:12 AM »
I'm in again

Same as last month really, keeping it simple, eat better and move more, still a load of weight to shift but I'm looking for continued progress in the right direction, tomorrow I'll be in better shape than yesterday!

Offline Raulski

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 02:53:49 AM »
I have 20kg left to lose & I want to be able to run a marathon this year. I had a reasonably good February (well, the end if it, anyway). This month I want to lose 7kg & complete a long run of 20km.
Longest this year has been 13km.
Good luck everyone! Remember, if you don't completely achieve your goals, you'll still be so much better off for trying

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 03:57:41 AM »
Honestly I'd just be happy to get myself to the gym 3-4 times a week.  Also cycle to work 4 times a week (6.5km each way).  Really finding it difficult to motivate myself of late though.

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 04:36:57 AM »
Remember, if you don't completely achieve your goals, you'll still be so much better off for trying

That is very true.

Offline TyMoore122

• Think....DO!
  • Sly
  • www.FriendsOfCFF.org
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 09:52:25 AM »
Great to see the Sly team growing (in numbers and fitness:-) ).

Yah Beardman trying to cut back the travel for March and April, pause and smell the roses! Good looking plan on your end, more and more detailed I have noticed, your beards looking pretty fit too  O0

Keep swinging Raulski the gym visit goal and cycling is a great plan, simple and life improving. Just do it, nothing but upside! :) 3 days x4 weeks and when April gets here you will be ready for it!!

Viking- Right on O0 and the mental lift from every workout is guaranteed to improve your day...FACT!

Cheers all and get fit!!!
Ty

Offline TyMoore122

• Think....DO!
  • Sly
  • www.FriendsOfCFF.org
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 12:39:56 AM »
Quiet out here!! Exceeded all my goals for the 1st week but this past Monday I was hit by a elderly women in a Civic while out on a training ride with my EVO, bruised and battered but was still able to get some training in this week and was riding again Wednesday on my CAADX. Going to physical therapy to take care of knots and lower back issues.

Hope everyone is having a less dramatic week than I!!
Cheers,
Ty

Offline Viking

• Sly
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 07:06:29 PM »
Still ticking over here. Feeling like I'm not making much progress but I suppose it is a gradual thing. Got some new work trousers and went for a size smaller and even they are a bit saggy, also had a couple of positive comments from people I havn't seen in a few months who think I've lost a bit of bulk so I must be going in the right direction. Funny side comment tho, one guy I work with who I hadn't seen in a few months was one of the above people, my first thought when I saw him was "wow, you've lost a load up top, give it up and go sly!"  ;D

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2013, 02:47:06 AM »
Dang Ty, it's always a roll of the dice when you hit the road on a bike isn't it? I'm glad that you didn't get too seriously injured mate, hopefully the physio gets you regular again in no time  O0

I'm actually having an unscheduled rest night tonight, I've been camping all weekend, and we were trying to stay as physical as possible, I think I did well... I mean, I managed to break my chain going up a pretty steep gravel track... Lucky it wasn't too messy. There are some pretty intense gravel tracks in state forest we were camping in, and I was giving that bike a bit of a beating, so I'm not surprised it broke lol.

There is also the fact that Ronnie Coleman is at my gym tonight, and while it would be awesome to possibly meet him, there is probably going to be too many people in the gym tonight to get a successful workout in.

Viking, it sounds like your hard work is paying off bloke, keep up the good work! How good is it when you go and get a new pair of pants and have to get the next size smaller?!?! I love that feeling! When I was pushing hard sometimes I was actually skipping pants sizes, which was even cooler.

I have a feeling I may be having to skip Friday's session as well, but we might make that a Saturday Sesh instead, I'll have to sort that out with my training partner, because I'm not happy with missing 2 sessions in 1 week! Unless I have to anyway... so we'll see how that goes!

Offline Viking

• Sly
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 03:46:19 AM »
Nearly there, how we all doing??

One thing I've learnt this month is to not try and shave your head right after an arm workout!!  :/O

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013, 04:29:07 AM »
Well, I officially finished my training for the month Friday last week. My training partner and I decided to take a rest before we start our new program.

It turns out, I might have aimed a little high this month... I must admit I knew my goals were a big ask but I thought I could do it...

All I made was my pull ups and my squats goals for this month. Next month I'll only aim for 1 or 2 steeped weight increases I think.. not 2-3.

How about everyone else?

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2013, 10:23:23 AM »
Well guys, I starts March fitness back in the middle of February.  I go to gym three times a week.  All my life I have sat behind a desk at work with no physical activity.  You can guess how scrawny I looked.  With the three year old sly look, new goat in progress, I decided that I needed a completely new me.   In this five week I am starting to see results. I'm actually getting pecks, and some strenth in my arms.  And I am starting to see the muffin top disappear.  I think I'm seeing a two pack.  At least my belly doesn't look like a beer keg. lol.
I have a goal and hope to see it in the near future.  Wish me luck!!!
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2013, 01:37:57 PM »
Greetings,

I am spending the month of March in Arizona to get a break from the winter weather at home. It has been great so far. Mostly in the 80's so far.

We are staying at an "over 55 V Resort" They have a fitness center that I have been using 2 to 3 times a week. I also have been doing a lot of walking and making good use of the outdoor pool and hot tub almost daily.

We went on a 13 hour tour to the Grand Canyon 2 weeks ago. It was awesome to say the least. I did a lot of walking around there. This week we drove up to Montezuma's Castle and to the old mining town of Jerome. We did a lot of hiking around there too.

I hope to speed things up exercise wise when we get back home the first week of April.

I am proud of all your guys for your continued commitment to fitness. Hang in there and it will p[ay off for sure.

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2013, 07:52:44 PM »
That's awesome Papa, I'm glad to hear you are already seeing results! Keep up the good work mate! O0

That's awesome that you are still keeping up even though you are on holidays Joe! I have a tendency to slip on holidays, so I'm glad  to see that you aren't O0