Author Topic: A very unexpected shift  (Read 19975 times)

Offline Ishinomaki

• Learning the way of Sly
A very unexpected shift
« on: March 30, 2016, 10:06:51 AM »
Over the past five years I have watched my luxurious mane slowly thin and disappear much to my dismay. I could feel my confidence slipping with every hair I brushed off of my pillow in the morning. For about the last two years I have kept my hair clipped to a #2 and while it looks alright, there is painfully obvious thinning and the crown of my head was pretty barren, made apparent in pictures of me on a recent vacation. After fighting with myself I finally decided enough is enough and shaved my head. My immediate opinion was that it looked horrible, and I sunk even lower. After a few days a friend of mine said it was shocking at first but now that she's used to seeing it, it doesn't look bad at all and I found myself agreeing.

On the dating side of things, I use a few common dating apps/sites being single and in a new area and would you believe it, I actually get more attention and compliments as a bald guy than I ever did with hair! I'm officially sold on the look. I've been called handsome, good looking, and even hot in the past week as a baldy! I have also noticed a strange shift on how others behave around me, it's almost as though they are more respectful, and make eye contact with me much more frequently. I don't want to say I'm more intimidating but I catch people (especially women) looking at and acknowledging me much more than ever.

This site was one of the biggest influences for me finally taking the dive and I couldn't be happier. I don't know what to say to you guys other than a whole hearted thank you.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 10:09:00 AM by Ishinomaki »

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: A very unexpected shift
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 11:08:58 AM »
Congratulations and welcome to the group!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 12:30:58 PM »
Congratulations on taking control. I am glad you are happy with the result.

Welcome to the board!
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline jbrit25

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 12:41:30 PM »
Great story and great to hear that you are enjoying the look.
Roll Tide!
COYS!

Offline kerryman

• Sly
  • Life is what you make of it
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 02:03:26 PM »
In fairness you rock the sly look. Im pretty happy with mine as well. I was out Saturday night and seen a fellow sly with a gorgeous tall blonde hanging off him. I will say the guy was dressed well and was obviously proud of his appearance ( no beer belly chest out proudly ) . Just goes to show you can shave your head but you still have to own it. Im back in the gym again lol.   
Some men see things as they are and say why ?. I dream things things that never were and ask: why not ??

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 03:38:21 PM »
Excellent story. You have a whole life in front of you to enjoy with a shiny slick head.  Photo looks good.  Enjoy the SLY look.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 04:28:36 PM »
Great Post - Welcome
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline AJ Q-Ball

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald Head and Full Beard: Awesome combination
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2016, 07:53:09 PM »
I experienced some of those same things that you spoke of when I first shaved my head like getting more attention from the ladies. Rock that awesome bald head and welcome to the group!

Offline tobler1

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2016, 09:41:56 PM »
Very glad to hear you've found yourself happy with the new look.  And, as the others have said, it very much suits you.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2016, 11:07:52 PM »
You say:   "I have also noticed a strange shift on how others behave around me, it's almost as though they are more respectful, and make eye contact with me much more frequently". 

Well, perhaps that is because instead of their eyes going toward the scraps of hair you were carefully preserving - now their gaze goes directly to your most prominent feature - your eyes. 

You have a nice looking head but GREAT eyes!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2016, 05:22:31 PM »
A lot of sly guys notice the change.  It gives a new level of confidence.
SlyBeard

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2018, 12:57:10 PM »
Over the past five years I have watched my luxurious mane slowly thin and disappear much to my dismay. I could feel my confidence slipping with every hair I brushed off of my pillow in the morning. For about the last two years I have kept my hair clipped to a #2 and while it looks alright, there is painfully obvious thinning and the crown of my head was pretty barren, made apparent in pictures of me on a recent vacation. After fighting with myself I finally decided enough is enough and shaved my head. My immediate opinion was that it looked horrible, and I sunk even lower. After a few days a friend of mine said it was shocking at first but now that she's used to seeing it, it doesn't look bad at all and I found myself agreeing.

On the dating side of things, I use a few common dating apps/sites being single and in a new area and would you believe it, I actually get more attention and compliments as a bald guy than I ever did with hair! I'm officially sold on the look. I've been called handsome, good looking, and even hot in the past week as a baldy! I have also noticed a strange shift on how others behave around me, it's almost as though they are more respectful, and make eye contact with me much more frequently. I don't want to say I'm more intimidating but I catch people (especially women) looking at and acknowledging me much more than ever.

This site was one of the biggest influences for me finally taking the dive and I couldn't be happier. I don't know what to say to you guys other than a whole hearted thank you.
f'ing great story. over the years I've found compliments, too. I've dated some really pretty gals who seemed to like my slick head. The only thing I don't like is when they say, 'I've never dated a bald guy before.' For some reason that bothers me. Go figure.

Offline PDXGuy

• Team Sly
  • Sly
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2018, 06:03:27 PM »
I'm still not completely bald always have some doubt when shave it all off. This weekend I razor shaved the sides and back and clipped the top down short.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2018, 06:23:22 PM »
Welcome PDX, man, you're so close, I think you would look awesome completely shaved. The little bit you have left on top should go. A shaved head would be a nice clean look. Give the 30 day trial a try!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline PDXGuy

• Team Sly
  • Sly
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2018, 12:28:26 PM »
Reddog,

Thanks for the 30 day advice. I have shaved it all off 3 or 4 times but immediately start growing it back out without giving it a chance. Went to the local pub last night with a baseball cap on two buddies said looks like you lost some hair. I lifted my hat and said yeah bad haircut. Just thinking should I take it all off before the holidays so everyone sees me bald or wait until January. I really want to give it a try but lack the confidence.  My question to you is when you started shaving your head what did you say when people threw out comments. In the past when my neighbor would say something like someone looks like they joined the Marines, I'd shoot back I got clippers in the house and can shave you if you like. He just chuckled. Thanks again for the encouragement.

Dave