Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
To be or not be...Bald / Re: First Laser Session Tuesday - Really scared!
« Last post by Semi-Sly on April 10, 2024, 09:38:49 AM »
See?  It?s is not unbearable.  I had my back, shoulders etc. lasered years ago and each session was easier and easier.
« Last post by Josh-Mtl on April 09, 2024, 01:03:37 PM »
I did it! Painful but bearable. And I feel very happy about it.
I'll make a post in a couple weeks when you can see the before-after difference.
Thank you so much for your support, all of you, it made a difference for me.
« Last post by reddog on April 09, 2024, 05:25:57 AM »
Good luck! I hope it works out well for you.
« Last post by Josh-Mtl on April 09, 2024, 12:21:56 AM »
Well it's happening. Tomorrow I'm going with my partner and my friend to the appointment. No backing out. Thanks for your support! (Gulp)
« Last post by Bencito on April 08, 2024, 09:38:06 PM »
All the best to your treatment. If you go for it, keep in mind of the final results that you want, and it will be worth the effort! Kudos to you. Please keep us informed of your progress.
« Last post by Semi-Sly on April 08, 2024, 08:15:48 AM »
I think that this is a no-brainer

If I were MPB on top and had a dark shadow on the sides, I would definitely do one of two things: 

I would do as I have chosen to do, and that is to fill in all of the bald areas with SMP so I very much look like a guy who chooses a shaved head is my haircut of choice; or;

If my hair were still dark, and I could have chosen laser, I would?ve lasered off all of it!!

Either that, or you could go both ways:  you could first go for SMP and see if you like that because if you don?t like it, it?s a easily taken off with the laser at the same time as you got the rest of your hair lasered off

In any event, stop worrying it?s gonna be great and you?re gonna be glad you took charge and took control of your situation
« Last post by reddog on April 08, 2024, 06:48:41 AM »
Yes, it's a big commitment. Headshaving seems to still be on the rise, and I think it will continue. Hairstyles come and go, but shaved heads will probably always be in style. After all, it's been discussed here how addicting it is to wear a bald hairstyle!

I think the no shadow look is awesome. With totally white hair, I have absolutely no shadow. And associating shaved heads with cancer is absolutely ridiculous these days.
« Last post by Josh-Mtl on April 08, 2024, 06:33:15 AM »
I am completely 100% sure I want to be bald forever. I like this because being bald is part of my identity and I want to be more bald than what I am. I have a thick, dark shadow on the sides and a thin outline of a hairline on top. I have diffuse thinning but I'm not a NW7. When I first shaved I was disappointed at having such a shadow because I want the clean look. But the laser look seemed really radical but then I came around to it.
My partner at first said if I did laser it would look "like I have cancer" and he really hated the idea. Eventually after a couple years he said "I don't care, do whatever you want" but I knew he still didn't like it. Now that I have the appointment he says "it's really not a big deal, it's not a big change" and seems to accept it.
Personally I like the shadow-free look. It's just that 99.99% of bald guys have some sort of shadow so it's also kind of scary to be visibly so different with no going back.  But when I see other guys with no shadow I usually like it. I'm making a decision for myself 10 years down the road and more (I'm 43 now). But maybe that future me will thank myself for doing this before it went gray.

« Last post by Bencito on April 07, 2024, 10:21:57 PM »
If you are 100% sure that you want to be bald forever, then you should go for the laser hair removal on your head. From what I have seen on YouTube, when it is done right, it is a completely smooth, clean, shadowless, bald head. I think it is quite a clean, masculine, and bold look.

That said, if you are even slightly hesitant, I think it is better to err on the side of caution and just keep shaving your head.

May I ask what other reasons (besides reducing shaving time and liking the bald look) that you want to go for the laser hair removal, given the questions and points you listed? When you see the successful results online, do you like the completely smooth shadowless bald look?

What else does your partner say?

All the best.
Go ahead!!!let be a happy bald man forefer. I'll do that too
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10