Author Topic: What to wear if you're bald?  (Read 33205 times)

Offline Snakehandler

• Sly
  • Snakehandler
Re: What to wear if you're bald?
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2011, 08:50:25 AM »
I prefer dark colors. I think a black leather jacket or sport coat looks great with a shaved head 😄😄

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2011, 09:24:44 AM »
same olf stuff, nothing changed, except my way of thinking (which got way better)
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline Ravenangel

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2011, 01:35:39 PM »
I prefer dark colors. I think a black leather jacket or sport coat looks great with a shaved head 😄😄

Hmmmmmm! I strongly agree.
Black leather jacket, black/dark grey sweater and black jeans/military style BDU trousers - the perfect choice for a bald guy (and, of course, for anyone else.)

Slynito

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2011, 03:07:20 PM »
I wear a black hoodie, does that count?  O:O

Offline Ravenangel

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2011, 03:19:45 PM »
Oh yeah, it does. Black hoodies rule.

Offline Arty Chris

• Sly
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2011, 08:01:11 AM »
My three pence worth...

It shouldn't really affect anything... being bald rocks!

But I look at myself differently now, maybe with more self respect, so I do tend to dress a little differently (heck, I've even lost a bit of weight!) ... I dress a little better, get myself nice clothes... I figure that now the head looks good, I might as well try and bring the rest up to scratch! (Hope that doesn't sound to concieted... it's really not meant that way, it's more that I spent years sporting a dodgy hair style, and now that I have a cool new look...)

Black is the way forward! :) From my old bike leather to my sunday best suit! Black always looks good...

Offline Ravenangel

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2011, 08:52:58 AM »
Oh, yeah. Black is neutral enough: it might be elegant, or casual, or minimalistic... it depends on your sense of style - and of course, the occasion.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2011, 01:23:05 PM »
Over the last seven months, I've switched to darker clothes (black, dark grey, dark brown shirts and sweaters). The contrast with the dome looks good.

Offline Itall

• Super Sly
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2011, 02:17:53 PM »
I say wear anything. Sly makes anything look good. Booya.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2011, 03:13:27 PM »
I say wear anything. Sly makes anything look good. Booya.
ditto on that one O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2011, 03:48:59 PM »
May be slightly off topic, but how about one (or two) stud earrings? Or maybe a hoop in the left ear only a la Mr. Clean? I think it looks pretty cool; it's something I may try later (I'm still part time military right now)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 04:19:52 PM by sirharry12 »
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline KDusk

• Sly
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2012, 05:39:52 AM »
Most of the things in my wardrobe are the same from the pre-sly era. I've only got rid of the extremely bright colours (electric blue, bright yellow, ...) and I've adapted a black-and-white approach. Jeans, white t-shirt (often with a print), black blazer and a bald head is a great combo. Or to look less 'dressed up', I switch the blazer for a classic Adidas sportsvest.

Where I've used my clothing to stand out in the past, I now have a shaved head. Seeing people's reactions is amazing, especially when I've taken my time to look my best. You enter a room and people start staring, and in their eyes I can read "OMG, he's bald! But... it doesn't look bad!" Since shaving my head I don't GET attention anymore, I CLAIM attention.

@sirharry12: I think studs, hoops and piercings in general look great on sly people (it's like decorating a blank room), but I also feel we have to pay more attention to balancing out everything. We don't have the hair to 'soften' our appearance anymore. It's like: BAM, here's my face. So facial piercings that are too big, or too many piercings on one side, or just too many piercings in general will throw our face out of balance more easily IMO.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2012, 06:48:02 AM »
@sirharry12: I think studs, hoops and piercings in general look great on sly people (it's like decorating a blank room), but I also feel we have to pay more attention to balancing out everything. We don't have the hair to 'soften' our appearance anymore. It's like: BAM, here's my face. So facial piercings that are too big, or too many piercings on one side, or just too many piercings in general will throw our face out of balance more easily IMO.
[/quote]
 As long as the piercings are confined to the ears and done in moderation, I think is fine, however, I'm not going to knock those who want to go overboard with it, I think it should be up to each individual.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Slynito

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2012, 08:10:19 AM »

As long as the piercings are confined to the ears and done in moderation, I think is fine, however, I'm not going to knock those who want to go overboard with it, I think it should be up to each individual.

Everything in moderation, even moderation...

Offline LAGLE

• Proud To Be Bald By Choice (BBC)
  • Sly
  • Hooah
    • Army Blog
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2012, 11:14:37 PM »
I've had both my ears pierced for ages so my ears, square diamonds.

hear latley i've loved the dress shirt/tie type deal. or khaki pants. It's a classier look IMO. I used to dress baggy clothes, kinda ruff, but I like to look professional now. if i could only coordinate the sweater vest and button ups like some older guys  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0