Author Topic: New 2 Sly..20+ year old transplants..ugh..HELP  (Read 4637 times)

Offline balldude

• Learning the way of Sly
New 2 Sly..20+ year old transplants..ugh..HELP
« on: May 10, 2011, 02:14:44 PM »
[Hello, When I ran across Sly, felt a feeling of relief just from reading a few posts. I'm 51 (divorced) and had 2 sessions of hair transplants, one my mid 20's and another in 2005. The first procedure was a scalp reduction with plugs. The second were the "micro grafts." Now I have lost a lot more hair and I'm not sure what to do, and I'm looking for your support. I recently asked my barber to cut it off and go to a #1 but he would not do it (most likely because he wasn't sure of how the result would look), so he took more off the top than usual and cut the sides to a #2. I have worn a cap a lot recently since I have lost more hair. Obviously, I am not comfortable with it, but am hesitant to cut/shave it. I know I will show some random scars toward the front with a smooth top and toward the back. Anyone have info on what the product(s) are that reduces scarring? I've attached some pics...I appreciate your support guys..Please let me know..I want your feedback. Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 02:17:41 PM by balldude »

marty22

Re: New 2 Sly..20+ year old transplants..ugh..HELP
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 04:24:09 PM »
just like me; see a dermatologist for a referral to a cosmetic surgeon if u want them removed or smoothed out. see my posts over the last few years and others on here. good luck.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 04:28:26 PM »
It's time to buzz what's left down close, and then give it a shave. I'm sure you'll feel much better.

Offline Jason66

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 09:26:55 AM »
Hey there, the pictures, at least when I viewed them are kind of small so unable to see the detail.

I guess your main concerns are how the implant scars are going to look. Unfortunately, the only way of knowing is to buzz it down to a 1 or 0 just like you wanted. You're already putting on a cap, so if you feel you want to cover it until it grows back, it's not a big deal.     

If you're going to a plastic surgeon for scar reduction, he'll have to see it that way anyway... (make sure they specialize in scars, I've had it done twice on large scar on my ribs up to chest that prob made it worst)

Remember that we are a lot more critical on ourselves then others are. And most of the time people don't even notice the things that we drive ourselves crazy about. But, it is what gives us our self confidence and self assurance .... So we all know where you're coming from... It's a normal thing.. you're not alone.

Offline chgobuzzbald

• Super Sly
  • No more HT scars
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 12:04:20 AM »
I have had increasing success on transplant donor scars with a dermatologist here in Chicago who has been using a Pixel brand fractional laser on me. I have had 4 sessions so far. Each time he turns up the intensity of the laser. I am now seeing results that are both smoothing out the scars texture (line scars and punch donor scars) and also shrinking them to the point some are not visible any more or red colored. We do it once a month so maybe 4 more sessions...takes a long time but it is worth it. I may also opt for micro tattooing after  if I still dont like the results. Artisitry Hair Conccepts in Florida seems to specialize in transplant scar tattoo covering. These are things you can do. Skip the laser and go for the whole head tattoo if you want that look.

Offline Jason66

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 10:48:28 AM »
hey chgobuzzbald,
do you happen to know the type of laser he's useing on you? Is it called  "Pixel brand fractional laser"? Aslo the levels its set at.. thanks...

Offline chgobuzzbald

• Super Sly
  • No more HT scars
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 10:51:49 PM »
Pixel is the brand but it is co2 laser. But when fractionated is much less harsh and more effective than the old co2 lasers.

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 04:43:27 PM »
Get a new barber and an appointment with a dermatologist. Scars such as you describe can be smoothed out or removed in some cases. In any case, take it all off and then you'll be better able to know what damage there really is and a professional can tell you how to handle it. Good Luck!!

Offline tapi263

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2011, 10:13:11 PM »
wow just cut it all of man. is there any big deal, to hell with the scars look at seal

Enter your email address: