Author Topic: What aftershave/product to avoid irritation/bumps?  (Read 1629 times)

Offline SkinnyKho

• Sly Guy in Training
What aftershave/product to avoid irritation/bumps?
« on: February 21, 2019, 09:26:31 AM »
Hey brothers,

I'm still on my quest to a comfortable shave without irritation. Yesterday I orderder the New Gilette Skinguard, I'll keep you in touch about how it goes for me.

I was wondering if you could advise me some products that I could apply on my scalp after shaving? Actually I use some coconut oil and some cream that my dermathologist advised me.

Any tips?

Offline Miller1989

• Sly
Re: What aftershave/product to avoid irritation/bumps?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 04:25:18 PM »
It 's not an aftershave, but I highly recommend Shaveology pre-shave oil. It seems to cut way down on irritation. You can get it on Amazon: https://amzn.to/2EmoeQj  I have a Skinguard also, it's REALLY gentle on the skin and damn near impossible to cut yourself.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 12:30:50 AM by Tyler »

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 12:33:09 AM »
The key to avoiding irritation is to use a good shaving cream or oil with a good razor. I suggest trying out Cremo Shave Cream, Pacific Shaving Cream, HeadSlick, or Shave Secret. Those all should provide a good shave with minimal irritation.

When shaving let the blade do the work and don't press down too hard onto your scalp.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Online Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 11:46:32 AM »
 I agree with Tyler

what I do have. issues with irritation I find that if I clean my scalp well afterward with Witch Hazel or sometimes use an Alum block afterward that really helps