Author Topic: Creme...  (Read 2103 times)

Offline Feenix

• Sly Jr.
  • Like Mr Boombastic, I'm semi fantastic!
Creme...
« on: December 04, 2018, 05:27:04 AM »
Does it matter what type of shaving creme/gel one uses?

I mean, you have your normal creme and gel in the supermarket, but then you have things like Headslick, traditional creme that you mix yourself etc, Im just wondering - does it affect the closeness of the shave or is it more about moisturising the head?

Cheers

Feenix
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 05:49:18 PM by Tyler »

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Creme...
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 06:40:45 AM »
You just have to try different products. Yes, products can make a difference in the closeness of your shave, but me, it all depends on the razor. Nothing like the first shave with a new razor!

After trying numerous soaps and lotions, nothing seems to work better than Dial Coconut Water bar soap.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Feenix

• Sly Jr.
  • Like Mr Boombastic, I'm semi fantastic!
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 09:08:36 AM »
Agreed, the first shave is always a joy to behold!  :o)

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 10:30:36 AM »
Just find what works best for you.  No two guys are exactly alike and what works best for some is not best for others.
SlyBeard

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 12:04:48 AM »
I hate to shave my own head but tonight I had to go to a function and my head hadn't been shaved since Sunday.  I had only 5 minute before I had to leave the house.  I didn't even have time to look for the shaving cream! 

There was small bottle of shaving oil in the cabinet.  When i do shave my own head I use a few drops of shaving oil before I apply the cream.  So tonight, I just used about 1/3 teaspoon of the oil; rubbed it on my scalp; put water on my scalp; and then attacked it with a Mach III razor like a madman!

And Damn - if that didn't give me a really great, smooth, against-the-grain shave! And in under three minutes!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2019, 05:50:58 PM »
Like the other guys said, try and find what works for you. Many things can affect a shave, such as if you have hard water or soft water and how the shaving cream interacts with each.

My three favorites that I rotate are HeadSlick, Cremo, and Pacific Shaving cream.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.