Author Topic: Omnishaver?  (Read 13507 times)

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Re: Omnishaver?
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2019, 12:18:51 AM »
Mine was supposedly shipped two months ago.  I wrote to complain.  Today they sent an email saying that they would send one out; but only if I agreed in advance to send one back if two show up.

Offline Slyguylou

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2019, 07:45:29 AM »
Mine was supposedly shipped two months ago.  I wrote to complain.  Today they sent an email saying that they would send one out; but only if I agreed in advance to send one back if two show up.

Wow... that's strange.   Me thinks your order got lost.

I ordered their new Shave Butter Monday, and it's out for delivery today.

Given this guy's review, it can maybe replace aftershave and moisturizer too.

We'll see...
https://howtobeard.com/2019/01/21/omnishavers-shave-butter-review/?fbclid=IwAR38ZnICyPu-myVLEGSOk-bsZsaXRmJadkFGUcryiroPxjeylBEop5g0fXI

Offline artudo123

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2019, 07:36:05 PM »
I just bought the Omnishaver Premium. I have to wake up 15 minutes early to shave my head. I'm not a morning person so if I can get my routine down from 15-minutes to even 5 minutes I'll be happy. Because I live in Canada and shipping is more expensive, I opted for buying 3 of them. I'll be happy if each one does me 2 months!

Offline Slyguylou

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2019, 05:13:25 AM »
Little more than a month in; Feb 1 - today March 4, daily shaves, and still giving me a fast, BBS shave.

I'm loving it.

Offline J_Scott

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2019, 02:27:41 PM »
I have one, I think it works great. Much more efficient than my old cartridge commercial.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2019, 11:30:57 PM »
My replacement order arrived tonight!

Offline Brucifer

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2019, 09:43:50 AM »
New to this site, not really all that new to head shaving... been doing this off and on for nearly 20 years.

I've been back to the bald look for a couple of months now and one of the products I've had the chance to try is the OmniShaver which I've been using for about 2 weeks now.

All that being said, I do love the design of it. However, I'm not overly thrilled that there isn't a lubrication strip on the blades which would make "touch up" shaving a lot easier. While this design does lend itself to a much quicker shave, I still find that it's pulling when I'm moving in the against the grain direction.

I use Cremo shaving cream just for a point of reference. I've tried in the shower or just after I got out.

Another point of info on the Omnishaver... I've spoken with the owners a few times via Facebook Messenger and they are soon going to be releasing replacement cartridge kits that will work only with the Deluxe Version.

I have asked them to consider adding a lubrication strip to the replacement cartridges... In a perfect world they would design the shaving head to accept Dorco Razors... (Am I right?)

Regards,
Bruce

Offline triplezerobald

• Learning the way of Sly
  • "Being bald is better than having a man bun"
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2019, 11:56:59 AM »
I really think that lubrication strips are a not ncessary to razors because shaving  gels and lotions provide plenty of lubrication during a shave. At best, lubrication strips are designed to last only a few weeks and I believe that OmniShavers last much longer than a few weeks so... would it really make much sense to incorporate them into OmniShaver's design??.. BTW, I am still using mines after 2 months later. I LOVE this shaving tool. I always look forward to using mine in my morning routines, highly recommend it..

Offline Slyguylou

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2019, 02:31:55 PM »
Two months in here as well, and also loving it.

Is it weird to say that I actually find the back & forth shaving style relaxing, almost like a massage, lol.

Take care,
Lou

Offline Brucifer

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2019, 12:27:18 PM »
I understand all of that with the lubrication from creme and such. I must be doing something wrong. I've been using Cremo, Bee Bald and other various methods in and out of the shower to no avail. I love the shaving mechanism for the omni shaver  but it seems like I'm always drying out or something with a lot of pulling action where as I don't experience that with a lubricated strip cartridge.

Offline Slyguylou

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2019, 02:59:51 PM »
A couple suggestions...

With Cremo the directions suggest re-wetting your hand and lather up the Cremo another time or two throughout shave.  Several reviews I'd read on Amazon mentioned more pulling when using  Cremo, though I myself have been fortunate enough not to experience that.

Omnishaver now makes their own Shaving Cream, which I reviewed under the Product Review section.

Also, you could try HeadSlick.  It's the probably the slickest between Cremo and Omnishave Butter, but the most expensive.

Hope this helps.

Offline Brucifer

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2019, 06:31:33 AM »
A couple suggestions...

With Cremo the directions suggest re-wetting your hand and lather up the Cremo another time or two throughout shave.  Several reviews I'd read on Amazon mentioned more pulling when using  Cremo, though I myself have been fortunate enough not to experience that.

Omnishaver now makes their own Shaving Cream, which I reviewed under the Product Review section.

Also, you could try HeadSlick.  It's the probably the slickest between Cremo and Omnishave Butter, but the most expensive.

Hope this helps.

I'll keep working with it... with the number of cremes and such that I've tried, I've stayed away from Headslick due to it's higher cost... I may have to bite the bullet.