Author Topic: Omnishaver?  (Read 13398 times)

Offline slickjack

• Sly Jr.
  • Day 1
Omnishaver?
« on: August 11, 2018, 02:26:21 AM »
Has anyone tried Omnishaver that is crowdfunding on Indiegogo? Is it as good and quick as they claim? Thanks.

Offline Rick S.

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: Omnishaver?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 04:51:11 PM »
All the videos about look great, so I ordered one on 9/10/18  Fingers crossed..

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 12:21:26 PM »
I don't know. I'll try it out, but I'm a bit skeptical. If it does work it could be a time saver.

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline rico

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 04:35:11 PM »
With all the promoted videos by the company, it's hard to find a truly independent review of the thing. There is one YT video at that is independent, that is not pre-approved by Omnishaver.

In the video, the poor guy seriously overshaves his head on the sides.  This is his first use of the product, so it's a bit unfair. Every razor has a learning curve.  As another user points out, the instructions request you not film the shave (with the prototype) till you've used it maybe 10 times.

I'm still real tempted to get one of these, though the price is steeper than my other head-shaving gizmos.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 08:43:50 PM »
All the videos about look great, so I ordered one on 9/10/18  Fingers crossed..

Have you tried the razor yet ?
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2018, 08:50:54 PM »
With all the promoted videos by the company, it's hard to find a truly independent review of the thing. There is one YT video at that is independent, that is not pre-approved by Omnishaver.

In the video, the poor guy seriously overshaves his head on the sides.  This is his first use of the product, so it's a bit unfair. Every razor has a learning curve.  As another user points out, the instructions request you not film the shave (with the prototype) till you've used it maybe 10 times.

I'm still real tempted to get one of these, though the price is steeper than my other head-shaving gizmos.

This guy ever hear of water ?  He shaves without first wetting his head . I don’t think he knows how to shave correctly. He looks like he is sanding a piece of lumber.

Offline Wiremu

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2018, 08:44:18 PM »
I'm at work so can't see the vids.

This looks like it has two sets of cartridges offset by 180-degrees. So i assume you hold it and shave back and forth, both with and against the grain. Have I got that right?

If so, yikes. You'd perhaps run out of lubrication on the first pass leaving little for the second.
Sounds brutal but I've probably got the wrong idea.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2018, 07:48:43 AM »
I'm at work so can't see the vids.

This looks like it has two sets of cartridges offset by 180-degrees. So i assume you hold it and shave back and forth, both with and against the grain. Have I got that right?

If so, yikes. You'd perhaps run out of lubrication on the first pass leaving little for the second.
Sounds brutal but I've probably got the wrong idea.

You have it right.

Offline Wiremu

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2018, 06:50:34 PM »
Checked it out on 'da Tube last night.
It's an interesting concept and looks like it works well. I reckon I'll hold off till more reviews are in.

Offline CormacUK

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2018, 07:53:58 AM »
If the claims the company has made about the efficiency and ease of use of this thing are true, it could be a life-saver. It's hard to know what to think, though, since just about every review of the thing is sponsored. I'd like to see it in the hands of some of the known head-shaving names out there, like Chris Bailey.

Offline triplezerobald

• "Being bald is better than having a man bun"
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2018, 07:58:41 PM »
Ive been using DE razor and wahl clippers for years to shave my dome until I discovered OmniShaver by accident on youtube. I too was skeptical about it until I did some research on it on google and youtube. These independent videos below really convinced me: 1. 2. and i know there are many more videos i saw that were not posted by the company itself. The features look to be convincing in getting best close shave, speed and longevity of the blades since they self strop or sharpen, i thought that feature was really cool. For those reasons above, I've purchased one on their indiegogo page. I could not find this anywhere being sold other than indiegogo...

Has anyone bought the OmniShaver on their indiegogo page, received it and tried it?. How long did it take to deliver?. 

Thanks ahead of time..

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2018, 09:29:26 PM »
Don't order from that site.  By ordering you "agree" that they can copy your address book, read and record all of your email, and monitor what you and your friends do - and then sell that information to whomever they wish.

Offline triplezerobald

• "Being bald is better than having a man bun"
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2018, 09:14:28 PM »
where does it say that? Your joking right?. I searched "address book", "read" and "sell" in their privacy policy and nothing.
https://www.indiegogo.com/about/privacy#/howweuse 
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 09:20:22 PM by triplezerobald »

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2018, 08:53:58 AM »
where does it say that? Your joking right?. I searched "address book", "read" and "sell" in their privacy policy and nothing.
https://www.indiegogo.com/about/privacy#/howweuse

When you get and try this razor , please give us a review.

Offline Rick S.

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2018, 03:08:01 PM »
I got mine, it works good. I still think I like my Mach 3 better.