Author Topic: What are your favorite shaving creams and oils in 2020?  (Read 1877 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
What are your favorite shaving creams and oils in 2020?
« on: October 17, 2020, 12:05:42 AM »
2020 has been an interesting year for sure! In addition to global pandemics and a variety of other crazy stuff, we've seen a HUGE surge in men's grooming products, including more shaving creams and shaving oils. While I have I have been sticking to Cremo and HeadSlick, what have you been using?

« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 12:19:02 AM by Tyler »

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
Re: What are your favorite shaving creams and oils in 2020?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 11:03:48 AM »
I wash with my wifes shampoo then rinse.  While still wet, I put a dab of conditioner and rub it in until my whiskers are nice and soft then shave with my de.  Works well for me.  I also have some shaving gel which also works great!  I think it's important to wash off the oil and salt prior to shaving.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 01:00:35 PM »
@clint902 I agree that it's important to wash off your scalp and face before shaving.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2020, 08:18:35 PM »
I also use Cremo, but started using Col Conk shaving soap  Bay Rum and a synthetic brush , from West Coast Shaving. This is my favorite, as of now. Very slick and rinses off easier than Cremo.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2020, 07:00:52 AM »
I'll upvote the Cremo products. I've tried the Refreshing Mint and Classic. Both are great. Based solely on the smell, I prefer the Mint version.
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.