Author Topic: Can I pull it off?  (Read 6093 times)

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
Re: Can I pull it off?
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2009, 09:19:45 AM »
Hey prodigy, of course you can do it; lose the hat, shave the dome!

Welcome to SBG's, and like Razor said, it's usually a non event.
 O0

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2009, 10:27:08 AM »
First off: Welcome to SBG

Second: you look like a natural: shave it off and lose the hat: I'm sure you can do it O0

Offline MLNHD

• Super Sly
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2009, 11:16:32 AM »
Welcome, Prodigy --

Your concerns about your look are all in your head.  (pun intended)  But seriously, you look fine.  SLY is a solution to thinning hair.  It's a choice.  Taking the hat off is a choice, too.  And pulling off the look is a choice. 

It takes a bit of gumption, some square shoulders, and choosing to  make it work.  The hat does NOT make it work.  You're a good looking guy with nice features.  If you make SLY your CHOICE, pulling it off will be automatic!  Go for it!  Flip the switch in your head from young balding guy to SLY guy by choice.     
Sly addict since July 22, 2007.

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2009, 12:41:12 PM »
Hey Prod.  I have a question.  For your picture, it looks like you already buzz or shave the sides.  Even with a hat, my friends would have already questioned me about what was under there.  So, why not put yourself out of misery and do the deed.  I think your friends and family already know.  It's all about being happy with one's self.  My vote is SHAVE and be happy.
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline dieseldan04

• Dieseldan04
  • Sly
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2009, 02:48:05 PM »
Just go ahead and shave it dude!  You can pull it off!
Dieseldan04

Shine On Fellow Chrome Domers!

Offline Sean25

• Super Sly
  • 2010 sly fantasy football champ!
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2009, 04:24:12 PM »
Just do it my man.  I went to the U of I this weekend and people either didnt care or they liked it.  I must have seen over 100 people that i havent seen since I shaved my head.  It might take some getting used to but I know that feeling of not going out because you can't wear a hat and the self esteem thing really gets you.  Hit me up with a personal message if u want to know anything because by the looks of things we are in the exact same situation.

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2009, 06:07:18 PM »
Just do it my man.  I went to the U of I this weekend and people either didnt care or they liked it.  I must have seen over 100 people that i havent seen since I shaved my head.  It might take some getting used to but I know that feeling of not going out because you can't wear a hat and the self esteem thing really gets you.  Hit me up with a personal message if u want to know anything because by the looks of things we are in the exact same situation.

didnt you have a hat on at that party? i saw the facebook so im jw lol.

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2009, 08:06:45 PM »
Listen to Sean25 -- he had great hair when he was younger (he's still young by the way), and he was concerned about doing it.  Now, look at him... he's happy, enthused, and getting on with his life.  You can do the same.  Papa Don is right too.  You're practically there already, and a hat can't have disguised your buzz to anyone, especially since you wear hats all the time.  Taking it off will be a sign to the world that you're done hiding.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline prodigy1290

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2009, 09:18:53 PM »
Yea, i wish it was that easy tho. Ive worn my hat my whole life, and for me its really hard to even be seen without one. My friends do know i have trimmed my hair without the blade, becasue theyll take my hat sometimes and make comments about it, which makes it even harder to be seen without one. Ive just gone through alot with my so called fiends making rude comments about my hair. Now im at Uni. and can change everything, but i already dug myself into  a whole becasue ive worn a hat here, all day, everyday.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2009, 09:51:03 PM »
Yea, i wish it was that easy tho. Ive worn my hat my whole life, and for me its really hard to even be seen without one. My friends do know i have trimmed my hair without the blade, becasue theyll take my hat sometimes and make comments about it, which makes it even harder to be seen without one. Ive just gone through alot with my so called fiends making rude comments about my hair. Now im at Uni. and can change everything, but i already dug myself into  a whole becasue ive worn a hat here, all day, everyday.

It is that easy.  I know it may not seem like it right now, but it you'll just take that leap of faith, you'll find that I'm right.  You may be getting rude comments now because your friends know it's something you're sensitive about.  If you shave your head and display it proudly and boldly, the world will know you don't give a damn and  you won't get any rude comments.  If you don't  have the confidence at first, fake it and it will come.  You have no idea how empowering it is until you do it. 

Offline Sean25

• Super Sly
  • 2010 sly fantasy football champ!
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2009, 02:08:23 AM »

didnt you have a hat on at that party? i saw the facebook so im jw lol.

Yeah i had a hat on.  I still wear hats but I took it off to show everyone.  Those pictures were all from the first night.  The second night i went out without one on