Author Topic: The first time you thought about going sly  (Read 5508 times)

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
Re: The first time you thought about going sly
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2009, 02:33:59 PM »
I always thought that Yul and Telly looked great with their shaved heads.  But I never thought I could pull it off.  But around 1990, I started losing more hair in the front where it was noticable.  So I started doing crewcuts and noticed I had a good head shape.  I had a customer suggest that I maybe shave my head as he already thought I was a baldie anyway.  Then I started seeing more men shave their head.  Finally I took the plunge at Buhner Buzz Cut night at the Seattle Mariners.  Since then I have been hooked.  While I may occasionally grow the hair out, Sly will be my primany look.

HoodooMan

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2009, 05:50:45 AM »
in my small town, i never even saw anyone with a buzz shorter than probably a half inch. so definately no shaved heads.  and i've only had one friend who had some thnning on top, and hes been taking propecia and rogaine since he was 17 (7years)!! and i refuse to do that. one day a couple years ago i saw a picture of him and i (we were bandmates) at a gig. his thinning hair looked horrible, and my "M" pattern hair also looked horrible! our bass player had really lthick ong hair and we were all in the picture. the two of us just looked out of place being so young with MPB next to our bass player. i thought about it for days after that, and finally grabbed a pair of clippers and buzzed it all off, then got out the mach III.

Offline DJ_Bald

• Super Sly
  • Letting it shine !
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2009, 06:06:45 AM »
First time I thought about it is when I saw a picture of me that was taken out in the sun I think.....whatever hair I thought I had when looking in the mirror seemed to be transparent in bright light.  Thats when I knew it was time...I was just like...what am I holding on to here ?
Shave your head.....free your mind.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2009, 08:52:24 AM »
First time I thought about it is when I saw a picture of me that was taken out in the sun I think.....whatever hair I thought I had when looking in the mirror seemed to be transparent in bright light.  Thats when I knew it was time...I was just like...what am I holding on to here ?

I think a lot of us have photos like that.  The camera can be cruel, can't it?

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2009, 12:12:51 AM »

You betcha!
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2009, 03:26:19 PM »

Yeah, I have had some pictures where you can see the "bird's nest" on the backside as well as video.

Offline dieseldan04

• Dieseldan04
  • Sly
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2009, 04:03:11 PM »
I first thought of it about 10 years ago when I was still a corrections officer.  I always wore a hat and got tired of hat head and couldn't do anything with my hair in the Wyoming wind.
Dieseldan04

Shine On Fellow Chrome Domers!

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2009, 09:11:12 PM »
I think I was in Junior high and we were talking about fathers going bald from stress. At the time I figured I was going to bald because I take after my father and a girl said I would look good with a shaved head.

Enter your email address: