Author Topic: Can I pull it off?  (Read 6173 times)

Offline prodigy1290

• Sly Guy in Training
Can I pull it off?
« on: March 07, 2009, 08:01:45 PM »
What do you guys think? I started shaving my ehad two years ago, due to a recceding hairline (yes only 19) but I dont leave the house without a backwards hat on...no one has seen what i look like underneath my hat, even some of my friends...so my head hasnt seen the day of light. Do you guys think i can pull it off if i got a nice tan on it? I have a big forehad due to the hairline and sort of have a longer head too.

GASlick

Re: Can I pull it off?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 08:06:14 PM »
I think you could pull it off nicely.  By the way it looks, we have a similar hairline.

Offline prodigy1290

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 08:10:33 PM »
Thanks, im going to try to tan it up over spring break. I just dont have the confidence to take it off onfront of other people. Balding has really killed my self esteem. I dont go places where they tell you to take your hat off ( church, clubs, i even skipped out on prom). So yea, i really need to change this, cant go the rest of my life like this.

Offline OzPete

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 09:02:06 PM »
Just go for it, you'll be fine!  O0

Offline DCdome

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 09:06:49 PM »
Lose the hat!

Offline BaldMark

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 10:01:58 PM »
Welcome Prodigy!  You can definatly pull it off. Go for it!

Offline prodigy1290

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 10:07:54 PM »
Thanks for the feedback. All i gotta say is that its going to be really hard to just loose the hat and be around with my friends. Gotta wait for the right time. lol.

Offline shdouble

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2009, 10:56:43 PM »
You can pull it off. After you shave you will want to loose  the hat I'm sure.

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2009, 11:48:49 PM »
I don't know why you're hiding.  You look absolutely fine.  It must all be in your head because you're a natural.  Take that hat off, bro... and get back to church.  God doesn't care about hair anyway :), nor should church members. 
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 01:30:16 AM by Stu »
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline prodigy1290

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2009, 12:43:26 AM »
I don't know why you're hiding.  You looked absolutely fine.  It must all be in your head because you're a natural.  Take that hat off, bro... and get back to church.  God doesn't care about hair anyway :), nor should church members. 

thanks man, yea i need to try to loose the hat. It is all in my head, ive had a hat glued to my head for the past 4 years, when i started to loose my hairlline. Everyday 24/7, prob made it worse..it just became aprt of me, lol.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2009, 03:12:36 AM »
When you ask "can I pull it off" are you referring to the hat or the sly look?  :*))

Either way, the answer is of course you can!  You're 19 years old -- old enough to do what you want and young enough not to have to worry about what anyone else thinks.  If nobody's seen you without a hat for the past couple of years, then they won't know that your head hasn't been shaved all along, right?   ;)

Just do it and save yourself the agony that goes along with postponing the decision. We all build this up to be a really big deal in our minds, but the truth is, no one really cares.  You'll be surprised and relieved when you've done it to find out how much of a non-issue it really was.

Offline prodigy1290

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2009, 03:21:34 AM »
^^Thanks, once i get it all tanned up, ill try loosing the hat. Ill keep you guys updated.

Ive noticed its real tough to tan my forehead, from wearing hats these past few years. You think a tanning salon would help? How long in the sun do you think it will take?

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2009, 05:30:14 AM »
Go for it bro.  You will rock the look.  And as for your friends, you'll be surprised how much of a non event it will be to them and most others.   Be yourself and you'll see that self esteem rocket up.
And oh yeah, welcome aboard. O0
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 05:32:59 AM by Paul »
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2009, 06:54:23 AM »
Go for it prodigy1290.  Yes you can pull it off.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

marty22

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2009, 08:39:40 AM »
you can pull it off and btw-welcome!

Enter your email address: