Author Topic: Your Shave Routine  (Read 362627 times)

02kpjw@gmail.com

Re: Your Shave Routine
« Reply #690 on: June 27, 2014, 01:02:06 PM »
I follow almost the same routine.  I have to shave daily.  I really did find the shower is the best way over the sink.
I have a mirror in the shower.  One thing about a totally bald head is no need to try and keep the sideburns trimmed and even. You just shave it all face and head.  If I skip a day I start to feel unclean.

Offline traveller

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #691 on: June 27, 2014, 01:19:50 PM »
I shave at the sink, better for the mirror angles.   Head then chin and then touch up any roughness. Use after shave cream or SPF after shave if going outside.  Currently shave in the morning but getting stubbly in the evening so a second go if going out.

Offline NorCal Steve

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #692 on: June 29, 2014, 10:46:10 PM »
HI this is my first post. 
  My shave routine is pretty simple in comparison to some of you.  I shave in the shower and all I use is soap and water and a 5 blade Schick hydro 5.  I start with my face and then i go to the back of my head- where the skin folds over and its easy to miss that little line of hair - and my neck.  Then I get the rest of the back of my head, up around my my ears, then the top of my head.  (theres not much there anyway).
 I don't use a mirror, all by feel- and I have been doing it for so long and all with just soap. I am pretty quick.  The soap is great to make my skin slick, which is all you need to shave it.  No fancy lotions or skin products and it works great 

Offline Disci

« Reply #693 on: July 12, 2014, 05:33:29 AM »
 I use a Headblade with their Headslick cream in the shower. I use the Wilkinson Sword Atra/TracII cartridges from Walmart as they are cheap and don't clog up too bad. I am also not about to try the DE on the dome as I don't think I could maintain the proper blade angle and it would take too long. With the Headblade I am done in just a few minutes with minimal chance of cuts or nicks. I do a back to front pass and then a front to back with a little touch up on the spots my hair grows in different directions.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #694 on: July 13, 2014, 06:08:55 AM »
Disci, shaving the head with a DE does take a bit longer but one blade, as far as i am concerned, is far superior. Ok, it takes longer but, once you have got your technique right you will probably find that the time will reduce.

DE setups are cheap so nothing to lose in having a go!

Offline jwalker23

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #695 on: July 15, 2014, 02:07:10 PM »
Shaving routine:

Depending on the occasion, I  usually shave once a week. I use the Andis Styliner to trim then Walh shaver to get the smooth, shaved look. I used my Profusion like 2 times since I bought it last month. I used my Microtouch DE razor once and nick myself a few times (lol) but im not going stop using it.

Offline dadamod

« Reply #696 on: July 28, 2014, 07:33:47 PM »
Every night in the shower I shave my noggin with my head-blade and basic shaving cream. Afterwards I might use olive oil as a toner or just put some body lotion on top. 

02kpjw@gmail.com

« Reply #697 on: August 01, 2014, 12:12:27 PM »
I am considering growing a go tee and mu schate.  I am not sure if I should because it might be too gray.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #698 on: August 01, 2014, 01:40:17 PM »
Gray is better by far!

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #699 on: August 01, 2014, 01:59:05 PM »
Don't let the gray discourage you. I think the gray in a goatee brings it up a notch!
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline silk N SLYme

« Reply #700 on: August 12, 2014, 11:10:32 PM »
fill bowl with hot water and let badger brush soak. I shave in the shower so I bring the bowl in the shower along with my double edge razor (34c) feather blade, alum bLock, choice of shaving soap (usually some type of razorock soap).

let hot water run over my head for three to five minutes, while massaging my scalp in the process and then scrub face and head with st. Ives Apricot Scrub for at least 2 minutes gently.

I then do.a face lather keeping the cream as wet as possible without letting it run all down my face.

I start shaving front to back going all the way down to my neck with long strokes and then go across the grain on the sides of my head

then rinse with hot water for 30 seconds then re lather and start from the back of my neck and go against the grain and against the grain on the sides

I rinse with hot water again latter up and get any spots that I missed making sure its BBS. Then wash head with cetaphil facial cleanser, rinse with the water as cold as  poSsible

apply the alum block to my whole head and face leave that on until it dries completely even until I'm out of the shower once it is completely dry and I am out of the shower I take ice cube and run it over my whole head and face making sure it rinses the album off pat dry never rUb and apply witch hazel with the cotton ball when the witch hazel is dry I then slightly wet my head and apply a small amount of proraso pre/post shave creme with menthol and let air dry

Feels soooooo good as it dries. if I feel like the back of my neck has a little bit of razor burn I will apply some skin tight To it before I apply the post shave cream. if I have a little extra time I lay in front of the fan on my bed

Offline GettingThere13

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #701 on: September 24, 2014, 04:32:34 PM »
Lately, I've just been buzzing it really short, but when I do full-on shave it, here's how I roll:

In the shower, I scrub it down with St. Ives Apricot Scrub. Then, I give it a nice thick coating of Aveeno Naturals Shave Gel, and go with-the-grain with my razor. When doing my head, I always use a fresh blade. I've been using Harry's razors (super cheap compared to anything in the stores, and excellent quality! Check 'em out). After I do the shave in the shower, I get out and look for any missed spots in the mirror (I always miss a few). That's when I throw on a bit more gel and do a touch-up.

After all is clear, I do a cold-water rinse, hit it with some HeadBlade HeadClear - this stuff RULES. It burns for sure, but it's a good burn - I've never had bumps or ingrown hairs since I started using it. After the HeadClear, I give it a modest layer of Aveeno Naturals Men's After Shave Lotion.
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE.

Offline nick2401

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #702 on: March 19, 2015, 08:15:37 PM »
I'm always looking to update my shave to get better, faster and stronger. What I do right now thought
•Fill up a mug with hot water and let my brush soak ( Various brushes but am really like the synthetic body shop brush)
•Trim beard with clippers
•Hop into a hot shower and use St. Ives Apricot scrub on the dome face and neck
•Lather up the shave soap ( Edwin Jagger Sandalwood right now but will be moving on to a craft show mint scented one.
•Shave the dome 1/4 at a time with the grain with my DE ( no name right now getting an adjustable soon) with Astra Platinum blade
•Relather
•Shave dome 1/4 at a time against the grain
•Shave the back of the neck against the grain
•Touch up beard on my neck and cheeks
•Cold face cloth all over
•Alum block
•Moisturize with Nivea for men
•Brush teeth

Total time start to finish: 30 minutes

Offline Titus

• The younger
  • Sly Jr.
  • Que sera sera.
« Reply #703 on: May 25, 2015, 12:47:22 AM »
My routine is pretty simple, but I'm going to try out some HeadShed and other Headblade products soon.

Currently, I heat up the shower nicely, and enjoy letting the whole bathroom fill with steam. After it's nice and steamy and warm, I get in and lather up some Barbasol Soothing Aloe on my scalp and face, and let it stay on while I shower for a bit. Once I'm all set with that, I grab my Headblade ATX and I work from front to back until I have gone over once from each part on my head, and then I turn around the HB ATX, and go the other way. Then, I continue and shave my face. After that, I usually just relax in the shower for a bit if I'm in no hurry. When i finish, I either run the water cold or get a face cloth wet with cold water in the sink and go over my head. I check for any extra spots I missed, and take care of those...Voila. Throw on sun screen if I am going to be out in the sun that day. :)

Offline Nikki

• Sly Jr.
  • No Hair,Don't Care. I'm Bald and Beautiful!
« Reply #704 on: June 28, 2015, 08:17:41 PM »
Here's my routine.

I use the HeadBlade ATX(either the yellow or pink one) with HB4 blades. I might upgrade to HB6 blades soon.

Before I shower,I exfoliate with HeadBlade's HeadShed scrub,then rinse.

Then I use Shea Moisture Women's Shave products,which are the Coconut and Hibiscus Shave Creme , the Skin Healing Elixir and the After Shave Smoothing Moisturizer.

I usually run my HeadBlade twice or three times if I miss a few spots,then rinse.

After I shower,I apply the elixir and rub it in. Give a nice tingle.

Finally,I apply the Shea Moisture After Shave Smoothing Moisturizer,and that's it!  :)

Enter your email address: