Author Topic: Do you really like being bald?  (Read 253203 times)

Offline Ty1963

• Sly Jr.
  • Hi I'm Ty
Re: Do you really like being bald?
« Reply #570 on: November 02, 2018, 01:12:47 PM »
You know the truth is I'm 33 years older than you and have some of the same insecurities when I noticed that especially children looking at me like kind of weird and I'm thinking are they like what an ugly old dude or they thinking am I going to lose my hair so maybe my baldness is a source of insecurity even for them. I never thought I would say it but right at this moment I'm glad that I was losing my hair I'm glad I shaved it off because it's made me reflect about the person that I was in and how I truly hit behind my parents and I actually like my head and I look I look good with no hair but if I had the choice if I could take the magic pill today and it all grow back oh s*** yeah but it's not and they have really good hair systems and there's going to be days whenever I get up what people think or insecurities is coming because I like to change it up I like to style my hair I mean I even like to put in funky colors nobody wants to see a 55 year old man with a blue bald head. LOL but I say use this time as a time for Spiritual growth and personal development and become comfortable with or without your hair and when you can accomplish that you don't worry about what people think cuz the fact is is there certain things in our lives that we can't control the things that we can we have solutely need to because it makes us better and happier people I hope this is been at all helpful good luck and wish you well. I've been looking for a post to add some pics of my current self so thanks for providing me with an opportunity. The one with hair is a hair system that was just a long day at work looking little bit rough but that's just the one I have

Hi I'm Ty I'm 55 years old my hair started thinning in my late 20s and really started thinning quickly in my late 40s I've worn a hair system for the last year and I've just decided to shave my head for 30 days and give it a try so far I like it I feel confident with my bald head. Feels great!

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #571 on: November 02, 2018, 07:35:06 PM »
You know the truth is I'm 33 years older than you and have some of the same insecurities when I noticed that especially children looking at me like kind of weird and I'm thinking are they like what an ugly old dude or they thinking am I going to lose my hair so maybe my baldness is a source of insecurity even for them. I never thought I would say it but right at this moment I'm glad that I was losing my hair I'm glad I shaved it off because it's made me reflect about the person that I was in and how I truly hit behind my parents and I actually like my head and I look I look good with no hair but if I had the choice if I could take the magic pill today and it all grow back oh s*** yeah but it's not and they have really good hair systems and there's going to be days whenever I get up what people think or insecurities is coming because I like to change it up I like to style my hair I mean I even like to put in funky colors nobody wants to see a 55 year old man with a blue bald head. LOL but I say use this time as a time for Spiritual growth and personal development and become comfortable with or without your hair and when you can accomplish that you don't worry about what people think cuz the fact is is there certain things in our lives that we can't control the things that we can we have solutely need to because it makes us better and happier people I hope this is been at all helpful good luck and wish you well. I've been looking for a post to add some pics of my current self so thanks for providing me with an opportunity. The one with hair is a hair system that was just a long day at work looking little bit rough but that's just the one I have

That rug in the second picture doesn't make you any favor.

Looks fake as f**k. Much better bald man.

Are you planning to stretch your ears even more?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #572 on: January 21, 2019, 07:33:01 PM »
Wow @Ty1963 the sly with a beard look really suits you compared to hair.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #573 on: January 21, 2019, 08:19:31 PM »
Wow @Ty1963 the sly with a beard look really suits you compared to hair.
Yeah man. @Ty1963  is the poster for why dudes SHOULD shave bald!

Half bald dues, look and LEARN!   LOL

Offline PDXGuy

• Team Sly
  • Sly
« Reply #574 on: January 21, 2019, 10:55:03 PM »
Man you look great bald. Never even was a decision. Rock your bald head.

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
« Reply #575 on: January 21, 2019, 11:49:04 PM »
I've accepted it, learned to like it. Not really worth fighting the inevitable.
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #576 on: February 28, 2019, 11:16:50 PM »
I've accepted it, learned to like it. Not really worth fighting the inevitable.
exactly. it took me a while to accept it. now, I love it.

Offline Ty1963

• Sly Jr.
  • Hi I'm Ty
« Reply #577 on: May 07, 2019, 03:40:13 PM »
Given a choice I would have kept a full head of hair, but with the thinning balding thing going on I think I've made the best choice then I look much younger with my head shaved and I get told that by everyone not one person's ever said different or implied it and I get hit on a lot now which never really happened in the last couple decades , so I think I can say yes I like being bald.  I can, however, say that in the beginning I thought I was just trading one thing for another but that which is part of the coping process so I know where you're coming from with the comments.
Hi I'm Ty I'm 55 years old my hair started thinning in my late 20s and really started thinning quickly in my late 40s I've worn a hair system for the last year and I've just decided to shave my head for 30 days and give it a try so far I like it I feel confident with my bald head. Feels great!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #578 on: May 07, 2019, 05:21:50 PM »
Since I've been shaving a full head of silver hair for nearly 6 years, you could say I like being bald.

The first few years I wasn't convinced I was meant to be bald. I grew it back numerous times for a few weeks, but always returned to shaving it all. I'm still not sure why I'm drawn to the bald head look, but I do love the look and feel. When I grew the hair back, and would see someone with a shaved head, I would be envious. Also have come to accept that the only cure for a scalp dermatitis issue is to shave daily.

So the last 6 months, I have thoroughly enjoyed shaving my head daily. Thankfully I can look in the mirror after shaving and think it looks great. And the feel is awesome, love the smooth head. I guess some guys are meant to wear a shaved bald head, some are not.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #579 on: May 07, 2019, 07:40:31 PM »
I grew it back numerous times for a few weeks, but always returned to shaving it all. I'm still not sure why I'm drawn to the bald head look, but I do love the look and feel. When I grew the hair back, and would see someone with a shaved head, I would be envious.
[/i]

I'm like reddog…...I always go back to a shaved head. I love flattops and will grow it out to sport a flattie, but it's a tough haircut to maintain so I go back to a buzzcut and then back to a shaved noggin. Bald heads are such a nice feel and so easy to maintain.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #580 on: May 07, 2019, 08:14:43 PM »
When I grew it back, I also did a flattop. I cut the flatty myself, and enjoyed trimming every few days. With my white hair, I just thought a flattop made me look old. I even tried a flat on top and kept the sides and back shaved, but at some point I thought that looked ridiculous on a guy my age.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #581 on: May 28, 2019, 07:24:05 AM »
I love being bald,feels awesome and you look very masculine.

Shaving my head was the best decision, there's no one single day that I miss my thick hair.
i can't even picture you with hair. it would be a shame.  ;)

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #582 on: May 28, 2019, 08:00:10 AM »
I love being bald,feels awesome and you look very masculine.

Shaving my head was the best decision, there's no one single day that I miss my thick hair.
i can't even picture you with hair. it would be a shame.  ;)

I have this strange thought every time I see an old picture of me with hair : It looks like a wig. You know,like when you see a Photoshop of Bruce Willis,The Rock or any Bald actor with hair,you know that is not his "characteristic" style.

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #583 on: May 28, 2019, 09:47:07 AM »
I like being bald.  I can still grow a full head of hair, but I choose to keep it shaved perfectly smooth. 

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #584 on: May 29, 2019, 05:24:55 AM »
Bald looks great on you Chuck. Us bald by choice guys are extra dedicated to the sly look, and many people just don't understand why we like shaving our head. If they only knew how good it feels, and obviously we like how it looks!