Author Topic: SAFETY Razor Shave of the Day (SOTD)  (Read 742113 times)

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: SAFETY Razor Shave of the Day (SOTD)
« Reply #1110 on: October 03, 2014, 10:06:16 PM »
Been a while sine I posted pics or anything here.  The Tapatalk being ok again makes things so much easier for me!

Headshave:
Headblade Sport with Arko cool cream (not pictured) in shower.
Face:
R41 razor with Gilette Silver Blue blade.
Tabac shave soap (I'm using this all month as part of Tabactober from Badger and Blade.
Whipped dog silver tip brush.
Witch hazel.
444 balm with refrigerated Osage Rub.

The R41 has a fearsome reputation.  This is the 2013 model, which isn't quite as scary as the 2011 model (I'm told!)
I don't really understand the fuss.  A light touch delivered a wonderful close shave.

Offline gwsmallwood

• Sly
  • AZ Sly Guy
« Reply #1111 on: October 05, 2014, 09:20:23 AM »
In honor of OCtober, I've been sticking with the NEW this week.  Good ASU victory shave today.  GO DEVILS!

Hot shower and Taconic PSO
Omega 10066 Boar
Col. Conk Amber
US NEW LC with fresh Personna Red
WH and Pinaud Original

3 pass DFS

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #1112 on: October 07, 2014, 07:40:45 AM »
@Brian & Garrett:  Nice SOTD pics, gents....keep them coming.  O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #1113 on: October 07, 2014, 07:47:30 AM »
Here is my Sunday, October 5, 2014 SOTD with the King Cobra.  It was my last SOTD with the King Cobra.  I was a lucky participant in the King Cobra Tour at Badger and Blade.  Enjoyed my time with the KC but I still prefer the Cobra Classic. 

Razor:  King Cobra

Blade:  Feather Professional

Soap:  Mike's Natural Soap:  Hungarian Lavender

Brush:  The Grooming Co Brush

Dessert:  Ice cube rub, refrigerated WH, refrigerated Osage Rub

WARHAWK O0

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #1114 on: October 07, 2014, 07:42:57 PM »
The big question though Mel, is which do you enjoy more, the Mongoose or the Cobra Classic?

I'm on the batch two list for the Mongoose, but to be honest, I'm absolutely loving the shaves with the R41.  About 7 or 8 consecutive days, and with only Tabac since the 1st of October.  Great shaves every time.  Zero irritation.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #1115 on: October 07, 2014, 09:57:17 PM »
The big question though Mel, is which do you enjoy more, the Mongoose or the Cobra Classic?

I'm on the batch two list for the Mongoose, but to be honest, I'm absolutely loving the shaves with the R41.  About 7 or 8 consecutive days, and with only Tabac since the 1st of October.  Great shaves every time.  Zero irritation.

Hi Brian:  I enjoy the Mongoose more.  The Mongoose razor is a game changer for me.  Since I purchased it, I have been using it exclusively except when the King Cobra Tour arrived.  Matter of fact I used it today. O0

Glad that you are loving your R41 aka "The Beast".  I have the 2013 R41 head and I find it gives great face shaves.  However, I have not been able to tame "The Beast" on my head shaves, yet.

Brian... be prepared to enjoy the Mongoose.  It is better then the Cobra.  It gives a smoother and more efficient shave then the Cobra.  Kindly keep us posted with pics when you get yours.  The Mongoose Team stated that they will be shipping the 2nd batch in the middle of October. 

WARHAWK O0

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #1116 on: October 07, 2014, 10:05:59 PM »
Tuesday, October 7, 2014 SOTD

Razor:  Mongoose w/ BRW Bull Mastiff Deluxe Handle

Soap:  Mike's Natural Soap:  Barber Shop

Brush:  Duke 3

Dessert:  Ice cube rub, refrigerated WH, refrigerated FINE Fresh Vetiver

I am in shaving nirvana since I have been using the Mongoose Razor.  It is one incredible razor.

WARHAWK O0

Offline smoothhead

• smoothhead
  • Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #1117 on: October 13, 2014, 06:45:39 PM »
Hi all fellow baldies. I am just new to this site. I started shaving bald about five years ago when the hair loss became absolutely catastrophic lol! Now very happy to be bald and shave most days. I find the Brahn electric razor very safe and irritant free to use daily, however when I want that baby smooth feeling, I use the Gillette Fusion five blade razor. It is very difficult to cut yourself using this product unless you are careless and the resultant feeling is magic!

Offline 120inna55

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • 120inna55
« Reply #1118 on: October 13, 2014, 07:28:26 PM »
Hi all fellow baldies. I am just new to this site. I started shaving bald about five years ago when the hair loss became absolutely catastrophic lol! Now very happy to be bald and shave most days. I find the Brahn electric razor very safe and irritant free to use daily, however when I want that baby smooth feeling, I use the Gillette Fusion five blade razor. It is very difficult to cut yourself using this product unless you are careless and the resultant feeling is magic!
Welcome to the forum! You do realize you're posting in the SAFETY razor thread, right?  Of course, we're not exactly safety razor snobs, but many of us use DE (double-edge) SAFETY razors exclusively.  There are probably some that still resort to a cart razor when time becomes a factor, however, this thread primarily focuses on DE shaving.  You are correct in your assessment of the Fusion, though.  It is very good for a cart razor.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #1119 on: October 19, 2014, 02:10:04 PM »
This is my shave from yesterday:  Saturday, October 18, 2014

Mongoose w/ UFO Handle

Feather Professional

Cella!

Semogue 610

Ice cube rub, refrigerated WH, refrigerated FINE Fresh Vetiver

WARHAWK O0

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #1120 on: October 19, 2014, 10:26:55 PM »
Nice as always Mel.
So,  how is the Mongoose for headshaves?

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #1121 on: October 20, 2014, 04:14:57 PM »
Nice as always Mel.
So,  how is the Mongoose for headshaves?
Thanks, Brian.  You are going to love the Mongoose.  I love my Mongoose for both my face and dome shaves.  I have been using it exclusively since I got it except when the King Cobra Tour arrived via BadgerandBlade. 

When do you anticipate to get your Mongoose?  Have they Mongoose Team announced when they will mail off the 2nd batch? 

WARHAWK O0

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #1122 on: October 22, 2014, 06:05:13 AM »
I think the mails will be going out soon. SWMBO won't be happy.  I just spent 2/3 of the price of a shipped Mongoose on the B&B cancer charity auction.. It's in a great cause though so she's ok with the charity purchase,  but she won't be as happy about the mongoose.  Hopefully she won't ask the price....

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #1123 on: October 23, 2014, 06:11:25 PM »
I think the mails will be going out soon. SWMBO won't be happy.  I just spent 2/3 of the price of a shipped Mongoose on the B&B cancer charity auction.. It's in a great cause though so she's ok with the charity purchase,  but she won't be as happy about the mongoose.  Hopefully she won't ask the price....
Hi Brian:  That is great news that you got a Mongoose on the B&B Breast Cancer charity auction.  I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts and pics, of course. O:O O0

WARHAWK O0

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #1124 on: October 23, 2014, 06:26:12 PM »
Here is yesterday's SOTD:  Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Razor:  Mongoose w/ BRW Bull Mastiff Deluxe Handle

Soap:  Mystic Water Soap:  Jasmine

Brush:  Semogue 2012 SE

Dessert:  Ice cube rub, refrigerated WH, refrigerated Osage Rub

Wow!!!  I am always amazed on how relaxing and super close a DE and SE shave is compared to any cartridge razor.  Love it !!!  Also for my fellow SBG members who do not know what BRW stands for... it Bob's Razor Works.  Bob aka CooncatBob was a legend in the wet shaving community.  He was also a SBG member.  Unfortunately, he passed away in 2012 and the wet shaving community misses him.

Pictured is the Bull Mastiff Deluxe Handle that I paired with my Mongoose razor.  Bob was a true artist.  He made some legendary shaving handles and brushes.  Do a google search on Bob's Razor Works and you can view his master pieces.  I was very fortunate to have one of his legendary handles.  Pictures do not give his works justice.

WARHAWK O0

Enter your email address: