Author Topic: SAFETY Razor Shave of the Day (SOTD)  (Read 741705 times)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Re: SAFETY Razor Shave of the Day (SOTD)
« Reply #585 on: May 13, 2013, 11:01:48 PM »
@.Bluebriz (Brian)... I look forward to seeing your Feather RG.  Let us know how it shaves.

@ Geeman... welcome and glad that you have taken the traditional way of shaving.  I am also a big fan of TOBS creams.  

@ Smoothsailing (Jeremy)... glad that you are liking the TOBS creams.  My favorite is the Sandalwood.

WARHAWK
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: SAFETY Razor Shave of the Day (SOTD)
« Reply #586 on: May 14, 2013, 06:45:23 AM »
Great shave again tonight:

For both head and face I used Monsoon Shave Jelly, made by tree and sapling.  I bought it from a seller on Etsy.

The jelly is brushless, but it gives a fantastic shave and leaves the skin feeling great afterwards.  My only slight criticism is that it removes the pleasurable part of using a shave brush and whipping up a nice lather.  The shave quality was great though.

My head razor was the WS Extreme III, which is the quickest and easiest for when I don't want to spend much time on the old dome.

Face razor was the Feather Artist Club RG non-folding razor.  Day 3 for me with this razor, and it gets better every day!  (Warhawk, I might never go back to DEs or SEs again!)

Dessert was a witch hazel splash (after cold rinse of course) followed by 444 balm and Pinaud Clubman.

A great combination of the old fashioned straight razor skill and aftershave with newer models of razor and blade, as well as the shave jelly. 

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #587 on: May 14, 2013, 04:01:14 PM »
sounds great bluebriz, i've just started with a DE, much kudos to you for using a straight, i'm not brave enough!

Offline jedge01

• Sly Jr.
  • Jim
« Reply #588 on: May 14, 2013, 05:02:06 PM »
Finally my schedule allowed me some time today to give my new Merkur 34C a try. With a silver tip brush and Col. Conk Products glycerin shave soap (Amber), followed by cold witch hazel and simple Gillette after shave gel, I think I got a pretty good shave! No nicks or cuts, though 911 was on speed dial the whole time! My wife thinks she likes it, says its much softer skin. I'm looking forward to more of these shaves!

Upside down picture.. Damn ipad...

Offline Crowbar

• Sly
« Reply #589 on: May 15, 2013, 12:41:20 PM »
And you know what happens when I turn my iPad so I can view your pic the right way up..... Damn iPad! :)
and the end of our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time

Offline smoothsailing

• Sly
  • hairfree = carefree
« Reply #590 on: May 15, 2013, 12:50:19 PM »
sounds like an awesome shave.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #591 on: May 17, 2013, 03:25:24 PM »
Been a while since posting in this thread (sorry, Mel!) but here goes

SOTD for Thurs. 5/16/13

Handle: Lord DE
Razor: Wilkinson Sword]
Soap Mix: Head Slick+Bump Patrol+Shave Secret (6 drops each)
Brush: Bump Patrol Brush provided with Bump Patrol Purchase
Exfoliator: Bee Bald Clean
After Shave: Ice Cube+Witch Hazel+Osage Rub

I shaved over my head TWICE just for kicks...also shaped up my <3 week old beard...Here's a few pics. Head was BBS.
Have to work overnight all weekend, so next headshave will most likely be sometime on Monday.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 09:41:25 AM by SlySirHarry13 »
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline smoothsailing

• Sly
  • hairfree = carefree
« Reply #592 on: May 18, 2013, 09:41:08 PM »
Lol that second picture is just too cool.  I was sitting outside in the sun at a table with friends earlier today and someone said "wow, you just look so cool." I was like "what, me?" hahahahaha.  Apparently being bald + sunglasses and goatee = very cool

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #593 on: May 21, 2013, 01:50:36 PM »
Looking good dude, I just had the best face shave with my de, all thanks to my new shave cream, the real shaving co. traditional shave cream, no nicks anywhere! and boy does it produce some lather! Just a tiny amount in the bowl and hello! lather party! once wtg then atg and finally atg, feels amazing

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #594 on: May 21, 2013, 03:52:28 PM »
Nice, geeman....Have you tried the DE on the head, yet?
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #595 on: May 21, 2013, 04:50:13 PM »
just done it, AMAZING!! this cream is the bomb! so smooth, and no nicks....the lather is so thick, it feels so good, the razor glided through the stubble, no burn...today, life is good

Offline smoothsailing

• Sly
  • hairfree = carefree
« Reply #596 on: May 21, 2013, 05:00:26 PM »
good to hear yours went so well. mine was a little tough but then again it was also my first head shave hahah

enjoy your shaves, don't get addicted to wetshaving unless you got the funds it can be an expensive habit if you get too deep hahahaha

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #597 on: May 22, 2013, 06:23:42 AM »
lol... can't see how you get addicted to something I do anyway? I have always wet shaved, but now I'm using a de, the cost has come down drastically, the shaving cream I posted about is on offer at the moment, £1.40, so I'm stocking up! and I purchased 200 blades for £6...delivered :-)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #598 on: May 27, 2013, 02:12:43 PM »
Monday, May 27, 2013 SOTD

Razor:  FaTip w/ BRW Bull Mastiff Deluxe Handle

Blade: Gillette Silver Blue

Soap:  Mike's Natural Soap (Hungarian Lavendar)

Brush:  Morris & Forndran

Dessert:  Ice cube rub, refrigerated WH, refrigerated Osage Rub

I had an outstanding, super close face & dome shave with the FaTip.   Ahhhhh... life is good!!!

WARHAWK

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #599 on: May 27, 2013, 02:17:39 PM »
Great shave again tonight:

For both head and face I used Monsoon Shave Jelly, made by tree and sapling.  I bought it from a seller on Etsy.

The jelly is brushless, but it gives a fantastic shave and leaves the skin feeling great afterwards.  My only slight criticism is that it removes the pleasurable part of using a shave brush and whipping up a nice lather.  The shave quality was great though.

My head razor was the WS Extreme III, which is the quickest and easiest for when I don't want to spend much time on the old dome.

Face razor was the Feather Artist Club RG non-folding razor.  Day 3 for me with this razor, and it gets better every day!  (Warhawk, I might never go back to DEs or SEs again!)

Dessert was a witch hazel splash (after cold rinse of course) followed by 444 balm and Pinaud Clubman.

A great combination of the old fashioned straight razor skill and aftershave with newer models of razor and blade, as well as the shave jelly. 

Hi Brian:  Tell me (us) more about the Feather Artist Club RG with more pics of course.

WARHAWK