Author Topic: Dealing with hairloss bitterness to those who shave  (Read 11771 times)

Offline kerryman

• Sly
  • Life is what you make of it
Dealing with hairloss bitterness to those who shave
« on: February 18, 2016, 02:05:08 PM »
I  took a break from my study and did a nose poke online around other hair forums. The difference in confidence between men who have accepted and decided to shave and those who are fighting nature everyday is HUGE!! Alot of the guys seemed to have huge bitterness and resentment to the members of this forum for shaving and moving on with life while they pop propecia spray rogaine and worry about money for TH. The difference really surprised me probably because i have forgotten since i shaved my head about those insecure worries . You can't fight mother nature .Shaving my head was the best treatment for baldness and costs nothing.!!     
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 02:27:18 PM by kerryman »

Some men see things as they are and say why ?. I dream things things that never were and ask: why not ??

Offline jbrit25

• Sly
Re: Dealing with hairloss bitterness to those who shave
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 02:21:38 PM »
I agree. I went to baldtruthtalk a few times and those guys are acting as if their life is over because of hairloss. It would be funny if it weren't so sad.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 07:28:43 AM by jbrit25 »
Roll Tide!
COYS!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 05:32:33 AM »
I  took a break from my study and did a nose poke online around other hair forums. The difference in confidence between men who have accepted and decided to shave and those who are fighting nature everyday is HUGE!! Alot of the guys seemed to have huge bitterness and resentment to the members of this forum for shaving and moving on with life while they pop propecia spray rogaine and worry about money for TH. The difference really surprised me probably because i have forgotten since i shaved my head about those insecure worries . You can't fight mother nature .Shaving my head was the best treatment for baldness and costs nothing.!!     

You nailed it.   B*)

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 07:41:14 AM »
Every now and again, I will look at one of those types of boards.

I always get a chuckle when one of their members complains that we here at SBG are too happy.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 09:39:38 AM »
I had a look on that forum, oh dear, there are some genuinely stressed out people on there...worried about their hair....or lack of it....simple answer....shave the rest off! Instant relief, no more worrying about people noticing, or swimming, sweating, or how much hair spray to use... Thank whoever you pray to, that isn't my life...what has changed since I shaved my noggin? Nothing!

Offline kerryman

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2016, 10:21:21 AM »
I had a look on that forum, oh dear, there are some genuinely stressed out people on there...worried about their hair....or lack of it....simple answer....shave the rest off! Instant relief, no more worrying about people noticing, or swimming, sweating, or how much hair spray to use... Thank whoever you pray to, that isn't my life...what has changed since I shaved my noggin? Nothing!
Its their bitterness to guys who shaved  their heads  that amazed me !!! Open hostility to people who don't want to be a slave to expensive and ultimately futile hair products !!!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 10:24:13 AM by kerryman »
Some men see things as they are and say why ?. I dream things things that never were and ask: why not ??

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2016, 10:48:48 AM »

Its their bitterness to guys who shaved  their heads  that amazed me !!! Open hostility to people who don't want to be a slave to expensive and ultimately futile hair products !!!

Misery loves company.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2016, 10:36:22 PM »
What is this other forum you guys are talking about?

Offline kerryman

• Sly
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2016, 09:19:44 AM »
What is this other forum you guys are talking about?
. I just typed in bald Sly guys review and got all the bitter guys with the fear of confident bald man !! I think bald truth talk was one.

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2016, 10:16:48 AM »
I always get stares from guys who are balding... the worst are the ones with the "wigs" who catch me looking at their fake hairline!

:)

Offline john2223

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2016, 09:46:56 PM »

Great post. I know a lot of people that really should read this. Your mindset about the things you're going through really plays a huge role in how you handle the situation. I know some people who are really depressed about their hair loss and don't even want to leave their house. I don't know how you can live like that. Just shaving it off and accepting it is much less expensive and stress free.

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2016, 12:20:19 AM »
One thing I notice here in Israel, the HUGE amount of guys who shave their heads, or wear VERY close buzzcuts. One reason, the heat. Another reason, baldness. Many guys here go bald, and bald young. One of the major contributing factors is stress! Very tough army service, leads to huge amounts of stress for these very young guys. After the army, most folks double up on university classes and work full time, so even more stress.

I have been running into men in their 20s who are already very visibly balding. Since hair replacement is very expensive, and not very practical in steamy climates, most guys just shave it.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2016, 04:36:56 AM »
As one of the guys who underwent an SMP procedure last year (it was to conceal some scars and not due to the balding which didn't bother me in the first place). I was angry at those guys for a while. But after I did the procedure, I didn't want to become one of those "pot meet kettle" people, and it was a big plus that the members here were pretty understanding and accepting when I announced it. That said, everyone has their own way of dealing with hairloss, and I'm not going to knock the next guy for dealing with his hairloss even if I don't necessarily agree with it. Personally if EVERY balding man shaved, it would kind of take the fun out of head shaving, however, those who elect to have surgery and wigs should focus more on what is the best wig and not on being bitter to those who shave and/or simply do nothing. FWIW, there was a website dedicated to those who were MPB and proud, but it has been removed from the internet.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline kerryman

• Sly
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2016, 01:33:21 PM »
As one of the guys who underwent an SMP procedure last year (it was to conceal some scars and not due to the balding which didn't bother me in the first place). I was angry at those guys for a while. But after I did the procedure, I didn't want to become one of those "pot meet kettle" people, and it was a big plus that the members here were pretty understanding and accepting when I announced it. That said, everyone has their own way of dealing with hairloss, and I'm not going to knock the next guy for dealing with his hairloss even if I don't necessarily agree with it. Personally if EVERY balding man shaved, it would kind of take the fun out of head shaving, however, those who elect to have surgery and wigs should focus more on what is the best wig and not on being bitter to those who shave and/or simply do nothing. FWIW, there was a website dedicated to those who were MPB and proud, but it has been removed from the internet.

Absolutely spot on mate and i agree 100% with your statement. Just the thing that puzzled me was some of the guys on the forum seemed to have a lot of anger/ Bitterness for those of us who accepted the card mother nature dealt us. Apparently you cant be happy and bald at the same time !!