Author Topic: Shaving Cream or Gel?  (Read 316367 times)

BaldRob

Re: Shaving Cream or Gel?
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2006, 05:48:35 AM »
I've used the King of Shaves (www.shave.com) stuff before... both the alphagel (I'm the alpha dog... I'm the alpha dog) and the shaving oil.  Good stuff and you can pick it up at Target/Walmart/Walgreens, etc...

tsshaver1

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2006, 06:34:11 PM »
For all of you guys that use a straight/safety razor, what type of shaving cream or gel do you use?  Does anyone use shaving powder or shaving oil?

None of the above, I have foound that hair conditioner is absolutely the best thing to use to shave your head.

KrasH

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2006, 01:27:53 PM »
I used to use Skintimate, it was cheap and worked really well, besides I could use it, my girlfriend could use it and my daughter would use it as well.  Now I use HeadSlick for all my shaving.

Offline lostnfound21

• Sly Jr.
    • Myspace Page
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2006, 10:47:54 AM »
Holy Freakin' God! I just used the Headslick for the first time like, 20 minutes ago, and it's amazing. I wasn't expecting the menthol/cooling effect to be that intense. It felt incredible. I'm converted. I may never use another shave cream/gel again.

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2006, 02:56:05 PM »
When I started shaving my head, I first used gel.  Then I was turned on to Kiss My Face shaving lotion.  I still use that at times, but only if I can't get some HeadSlick.  To me that is even more slick than Kiss My Face.  I also tend to shave in the shower.  It seems to make the hair eaiser to shave off.

KrasH

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2006, 12:35:31 AM »
Holy Freakin' God! I just used the Headslick for the first time like, 20 minutes ago, and it's amazing. I wasn't expecting the menthol/cooling effect to be that intense. It felt incredible. I'm converted. I may never use another shave cream/gel again.

It is pretty damn awesome, it also leaves your skin a LOT softer and the menthol is really nice, my girlfriend is using it now as well.

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2006, 07:51:35 PM »
 ;D Aveeno Therapeutic gel is awesome [forgive the hyperbole]. It cushions the razoring. I haven't nicked myself yet [six weeks]. Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth

Offline SBG

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2006, 11:25:17 AM »
I use soaps custom made (with a heavenly scent) by Colleen Hurley, they're specifically designed for shaving (with a straight razor in mind) and make excellent lather and lubrication. They're just heavenly to spread around with your brush and make your beard (and by extent your bathroom) smell lovely as well. (how's that for a bonus!!  8) ) Only $5/cake.

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2006, 11:39:54 AM »
I use soaps custom made (with a heavenly scent) by Colleen Hurley
Any relation to Elizabeth?  ;)  I would take any scent from her.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

BaldRob

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2006, 12:35:02 PM »
I use soaps custom made (with a heavenly scent) by Colleen Hurley
Any relation to Elizabeth?  ;)  I would take any scent from her.

I'm right there with you brother!!! ;D

Offline jseger11

• Sly Guy in Training
    • http://www.myspace.com/jeff52574
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2006, 07:53:41 AM »
So far I am having great luck with Headblade's HeadSlick. I like the way it cools my scalp as I shave. I usually let it sit on my head for 2-4 minutes before I start the shave.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2006, 12:42:47 PM »
So far I am having great luck with Headblade's HeadSlick. I like the way it cools my scalp as I shave. I usually let it sit on my head for 2-4 minutes before I start the shave.

Does leaving it on longer help with the shave you think?
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline SBG

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2006, 02:29:21 PM »
yes, it should. The razor + cream operates on the fact that the water molecules go in between the hair molecules, thus allowing the razor blade to more easily seperate the strands from each other. In other words it makes your hair softer and allows the razor to more easily cut it. So it'll cut easier *and* be softer on your blade allowing for more shaves. :)

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2006, 02:47:01 PM »
I'm gonna try this in the morning.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline AdamsvilleAce

• Sly Jr.
    • JD's Myspace
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2006, 12:57:48 PM »
I feel a closer shave with a gel.
BALDIES!!!!!!!!!!! Everybody ain't able!!!!!
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.users1.imagechef.com/ic/stored/users_112/563880/samp0f2d16106fd3e898.jpg[/img] [/url]