Author Topic: How to use the HeadBlade  (Read 178819 times)

Offline The Zook

• One Blade Renegade
  • Super Sly
  • Collector O'Razors
Re: How to use the HeadBlade
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2008, 11:52:41 AM »
Hahaha... I guess I didn't realize there was a right and wrong way to put on the adapter, don't feel too bad.

EDIT
Ahh, I missed the Sensor part... those are a little different than the Atra's.

Glad you figured it out though!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 12:01:31 PM by Lucky13MN »

Offline J Digory

• My head's like my bass playin': Smooth
  • Super Sly
« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2008, 05:59:18 PM »
The little adapter things wear out over time, which is why they sell replacements and include one with the headblade branded blades you buy.

Offline babzog

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2008, 11:36:35 AM »
Hey guys!  First post!

I've been shaving the dome for nearly the past couple of weeks.  I've shaved before, but mostly just for curiosity's sake.  Have to say, I do like it, esp right after the shave.  Damn, that's a smooth dome!

I was using the Mach 3 but found the motions were awkward and my arm would fatigue from holding it up in the air so long.  So, based on suggestions I found while lurking here, I sought out and bought a HB a couple of days ago.  First thing I did yesterday - hadn't even tried it out yet - was drop it it the shower and broke (what I didn't know at the time was) the adapter.  Rats!  Exchanged it for a new one and gave it a shot this AM.

Wow!

A little weird at first - totally different but a very natural motion for shaving.  HB came with a triple blade and the shave is MUCH closer that with the M3.  I was very conscious of keeping pressure off the blade and actually had to force the blade back onto my head a few times.  LOL  Hair grows a little weird in the area from the top of my head down to around the tops of my ears so, while I got it shaved, I found I was lifting the wheels to get the blade closer to my ear to begin the upward stroke.  Going forward, I figure I'll just trim up with the M3 after my main shave. 

Much easier to shave around the ears though.  Using the base of my hand as a pivot, I flip the ear down with my thumb and just rotate my hand/HB from the front of my head, around the top of the
ear and down to the neck.  Nice!  Do the same in the opposite direction and it's pretty clean shaven!

Not a cheap razor at $15 (Canada, Shopper's Drugmart), but it does a nice job.  If any Canucks know of cheaper places to buy HB products (esp the adapters - I figure with dropping it every now and then, I'll be going through those), I'd love to hear your suggestions.  My local Wally-Worlds have no HB products.  :(

Wife is not so sure of the shaven dome (she prefers a bit of hair, like a #1 cut), but she did think this morning's HB shave felt kinda sexy so we'll see.   :D
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 11:39:11 AM by babzog »

Offline FR8TRAIN

• Sly Bureau
  • Go ahead, rub it!
    • Facebook
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2008, 01:50:25 PM »
babzog, welocme to the forum and to becoming a HeadBlader. O0

Post up an Intro in the Intrduction section and tell us a little about yourself.

Again, welcome and keep it slick, SLY and smooth. 8)
Tis better to have a bald head than no head at all.

Offline skipintexas

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2008, 09:07:34 AM »
Ok, because I've only been sly for just over a week and I'm desperately trying to learn how to do this right, I'm just going to ask....I found this short video on YouTube, is this really how smoothly and QUICKLY you shave with a HeadBlade?  He moves the HB so fast over his skull, I was amazed.  Is this the right way, or the wrong way, to use this little sucker?  I noticed that the founder of HeadBlade was there for the shoot, even in the video, so I am assuming that he agreed with the technique of they wouldn't have used it for advertising, would they?

Thanks!

Skip (aka: the newbie!)

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2008, 09:23:09 AM »
Babzog......welcome to the  Forum bro.......!!!!!!!

Offline J Digory

• My head's like my bass playin': Smooth
  • Super Sly
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2008, 01:05:04 PM »
Ok, because I've only been sly for just over a week and I'm desperately trying to learn how to do this right, I'm just going to ask....I found this short video on YouTube, is this really how smoothly and QUICKLY you shave with a HeadBlade?  He moves the HB so fast over his skull, I was amazed.  Is this the right way, or the wrong way, to use this little sucker?  I noticed that the founder of HeadBlade was there for the shoot, even in the video, so I am assuming that he agreed with the technique of they wouldn't have used it for advertising, would they?

Thanks!

Skip (aka: the newbie!)
Yeah, it's pretty much that easy. I have heard some people talk about cuts, but I go as fast as that guy but am more thorough. I go against the grain, and I spend more time feeling my head to see if I missed any hair. Even if it looks bald, I commonly miss tiny little strips of hair. And the back is ALL feel.
But yeah, I go really fast and have never nicked or cut myself with the headblade. I don't use their shaving cream, though.

Offline The Zook

• One Blade Renegade
  • Super Sly
  • Collector O'Razors
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2008, 02:43:45 PM »
Knock on wood, but going fast is the only way the Headblade works for me, if I go slow I cut my head almost every time.

Offline H.Andy

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2008, 04:12:07 AM »
I want buy one HeadBlade, but I duno Where can I buy it HoChiMinh City (Vietnam)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2008, 10:15:47 AM »
I want buy one HeadBlade, but I duno Where can I buy it HoChiMinh City (Vietnam)

Yeah, that may be a tough one.  Maybe you can email HeadBlade to see if they'll ship you one to there.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Casey Jones

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2008, 10:21:27 AM »
Have the discrepancies in price been noted on this forum?  I mean i know wal mart is cheaper for most goods, but a headblade sport there costs about 10 bucks while the one i bought at walgreens was 15 bucks.  A testament to purchasing power or are all wal marts discontinuing headblades and just trying to move out product?
" I never said I didn't have syphilis/ Ms. Listless-- hard like the bricks I pound my fists with/ I mean, she's hard like the bricks/ That I pound with my fists."

Offline Thompson

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2008, 12:43:14 PM »
God,how much I want to use Headblade! Just,I think my mum would never buy that,cause she is...well,pretty prehistorical about computers,and I bet she doesn't thrust in buying thing over internet.But,I'd like to try it,sounds like a good stuff! Anyways,good post as always Tyler!

Offline slickjay

• Sly Jr.
  • It could not possibly get any better than this.
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2008, 11:59:44 AM »
Hey Everyone,

So I took a day off from shaving today because I'm starting to get a few razor bumps. Not a lot, but enough for me to take the day off. Is this because my head is still adjusting to being shaved; or is it because I need to change my shave routine? I shave against the grain with my HB, and I usually make multiple light passes over trouble spots. I usually don't get completely smooth after one pass, so I have to go again. I sometimes even move the blade upwards from my ear to the crown of my head (that seems to be the region of my head I have the most problems getting smooth). However, I'm not getting razor bumps in one specific area. I have about 5 or 6, but they're just spread out.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
"It seems to me that if you or I must choose between two courses of thought or action, we should remember our dying and try so to live that our death brings no pleasure to the world."

East of Eden, John Steinbeck

Offline bigK

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2008, 09:16:56 PM »
I can't find one in Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia :-[
pity me......hhuhuh
Who dat?..

Offline bigK

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2008, 01:41:05 AM »
can anybody here help me with gettin a headblade for me?
i wanna know the price...and we can do this mailing thing!..
please help me...i'm from kuala lumpur,capital city of malaysia.
Who dat?..