Author Topic: Oh, well  (Read 2573 times)

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
Oh, well
« on: January 18, 2021, 05:57:40 AM »
I was hoping to have a place where I could talk about headshaving.  I just like talking about it and comparing notes with others who do the same thing.  I don't know what else to say.  I don't get the chance to talk to anyone else locally about it.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Oh, well
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 06:28:33 AM »
Good morning @clint902 , I'm available to to discuss things! I worry about posting too much here, I don't want to seem like a know it all.

I hadn't used my old double edge razor for awhile, I just got into the routine of a thick head shave in the shower everyday. So, a couple days ago, I got out the de and shaving soap and brush and did a nice slow head shave in front of the mirror. Very relaxing and a really smooth shave.

I'm not happy with my pale head this winter. I think a nice tan makes a bald head look awesome. Summer is no problem, but I depended on the tanning booth at the gym to keep a little color on the noggin in the winter. With the Covid, I haven't been going to the gym.

Same here, Clint, wish I had a few fellow headshavers around to take to. Lord knows, I have a few buddies that are saving a few scraps of hair, that should consider going sly.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 08:31:27 AM »
Yeah, my scalp is getting pale too and I don't like it much.  I think part of that has to do with the dryer air.  A moisturizer seems to help.  In the summer my head looks nice and evenly tanned.  Now, I've been shaving every couple of days versus daily in the summer.  I just haven't been in the mood lately.  I'm not a winter type person(being stuck in the house because of the in-climate weather).  I think I'll grab a shave today not that anyone will see it.  Maybe I shave for other people to see instead of myself.  Yep, winter in RI can get pretty depressing sometimes especially on top of the covid thing plus now days, I do wear a toke outside so I'm basically shaving for nothing however, I do enjoy shaving it so I'm in a bit of a quandary.  Oh, I am retired which makes it even worse(boring!)   I'm getting myself geared up to shave today.  Oh yeah, don't worry about posting too much!  I think everyone has their own methods of shaving so nobody's a "know it all" but I get shaving tips from others then over time I put all the techniques together and come up with my own method so it's all good!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 08:37:06 AM by clint902 »

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2021, 10:33:49 AM »
Yes, I'm retired too and live in Minnesota, so hats are needed. Quite bored, but I go out to the garage and putz around with my hotrod.

I've skipped a day now and then, but definitely shave if I'm going somewhere. Funny, before I started shaving, I would reluctantly get a haircut about every 6 weeks. Now I don't usually leave the house without a fresh headshave and a nice shine on my noggin. When I'm in a store, and pass a fellow sly guy, I like to compliment them on a sharp haircut.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2021, 11:57:03 AM »
Telling a sly guy he has a nice haircut?  Now that's priceless! :*))  My friend lives across the street but I can't even go over there because of this covid thing.  I'm not allowed in his house because his wife and daughter are there and he doesn't want anyone to get sick.  I don't remember the last time I hugged my own daughter but I sure do miss it.  She is in the medical field(she does the labwork) and got her second shot on the 3rd.  Ok, I just shaved about an hour ago and I feel so much better.  I tinker with a few things around the house but the thing I look forward to the most is a good shave.  Yesterday I cleaned out the cats water dish(if that counts as tinkering).  There's always something to do.  It would be nice if I had a boat so I could go fishing but I'm not fond of the cold.  Fish is just so expensive here and it's not even fresh.  Well, it's something to think about.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2021, 08:46:14 PM »
I tell sly guys “nice haircut”,all the time!  if I’m in the checkout line at Costco, or just in the store, I always tell the fellow sly guys “I like your haircut!”  And more often than not they reply back to me that they like mine too ,

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2021, 10:13:11 PM »
A nurse at the hospital told me my hair was at just the right length so I took it as a compliment.  I just have to chuckle but it's all good and I must admit it is a good haircut. O0  I just feel funny saying it   I can't explain it.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2021, 06:10:55 AM »
I tell sly guys “nice haircut”,all the time!  if I’m in the checkout line at Costco, or just in the store, I always tell the fellow sly guys “I like your haircut!”  And more often than not they reply back to me that they like mine too ,

Same here.  I normally use the line "I like your haircut"

If I see a guy with a short buzz, it is usually along the lines of "you almost cut it as short as mine"
SlyBeard

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2021, 06:39:40 AM »
I sometimes also say, looks like we both got a haircut today, or looks like we go to the same barber. Many times it starts a nice conversation. I usually ask how long they've been shaving, and how they like it.

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2021, 06:43:52 AM »
[quote author=Semi-Sly link=topic=29107.msg379118#msg379118 date=1611027974

Same here.  I normally use the line "I like your haircut"

If I see a guy with a short buzz, it is usually along the lines of "you almost cut it as short as mine"

I do the same too.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2021, 04:51:40 PM »
I Guess I’m different, but have never mentioned their hair style to a stranger. In New York you never know how the next guy will respond.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Enter your email address: